DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've had enough of the (cr)app

App version buddy. What was teh last version that worked for you?

First of all I have been flying fine with my Galixy 4s since May, then an update causes the app not to work any more. I called customer support who told me that model of phone is not compatible. Why was it working fine for months then? Grrrr. So then, as we needed to get in the air fast we invested in an iphone 5s as it was the cheapest compatible model on the list (with money that we couldn't spare might I add.)

Installed the app and all worked fine.... for a few days...

three days later the app crashed repeatedly. I tried clearing the cache to no avail, even with the aircraft just sitting on the floor the app crashed for no reason. I updated the iOS and the firmware is up to date. frustration.

So, I reinstall the app, and it worked fine... for about three days. so I reinstalled again and this time it has gone five days before starting to crash mid flight again.

I'm on 7.5 hours and 111 Km this time roundm about the same as the last time I had to reinstall, give or take.

Can anyone explain why I need to keep reinstalling this app? It is doing my head in that something I paid so much money for won't work, even with the devices it claims it will.
I use a $80 Samsung j3 emerge smartphone and it works perfectly. No crashed yet in 5 months. I fly in Airplane mode to stop all background apps.

IOS 11 has screen recording. Which is a nice feature to have while flying.

Yea and you better have only GO app and screen recording only when flying are you will get the dreaded cpu overload..

I can only speak from my own experience, I use iOS and the DJI app has never crashed on me. I been using an iPhone 6 + and an iPad mini 4 and have never had any problems with the hardware.

Agree 100% (Using up to date Mini4 and up to date MP firmware.). Hope it stays that way

Agree 100% (Using up to date Mini4 and up to date MP firmware.). Hope it stays that way

Yea I use a Samsung S8+ and a Samsung Tab S2 and have never had a problem with the app. Of course, I keep it updated and all of my firmware is always updated as well.

It amazes me that guys would launch their $1000 drone using a $30 phone and then complain if it doesn't work perfectly.

Reactions: ElPocho
I can only speak from my own experience, I use iOS and the DJI app has never crashed on me. I been using an iPhone 6 + and an iPad mini 4 and have never had any problems with the hardware.
Me too! I've never had the app crash in 119 flights, all with an iPad mini 4. I have had the processor in it overheat in extremely hot weather staggering the video beyond FPV, but letting it cool and turning off casheing helps with that.

You meant Galaxy 4S, right? That is a pretty old phone, and eventually software updates push the phone past limits the can't achieve. Time to upgrade.

I've been using the LG G4 and the free tablet that came with it , all has worked great, decline updates.

Iphone 7+ and have had multiple cpu max load messages and at least 2 to 4 app crashes per flight. Also photos and videos are slow to take. There's a noticeable lag. Not caching videos and closed all apps. Really disappointed with DJI for this right now

Okay, I'll probably be accused of fan boy ness but of the drones I own, DJI's honestly works the best for me. I even had that GOPro companion app crash on me multiple times. Don't get me started on Parrot and 3DR! I don't pretend to understand why it works for some and not others but there are so many variables. Phones, phone's firmware, OS, carrier, what's running on your phone, app version, drone's Dec firmware, etc,etc,etc. It's the same app for everyone so there has to be a reason why mine never crashes and someone else routinely crashes. It almost can't be the software...

Iphone 7+ and have had multiple cpu max load messages and at least 2 to 4 app crashes per flight. Also photos and videos are slow to take. There's a noticeable lag. Not caching videos and closed all apps. Really disappointed with DJI for this right now

That's fair enough but why does another guy on this thread claim perfection with an iPhone?

I literally laughed out loud at that one. Man, if we were allowed to have signatures on this forum, that would be mine. Giving due credit, of course. Thanks for the chuckle this morning.. it was needed.

You can have signatures here, just hover the mouse over your name in the upper right corner, under your picture there will be a "signature" link and that's it :)

Reactions: Hollow Dog
Check your interconnect cable, if it develops a short, the app doesnt "crash" but it will disconnect you repeatedly and causes people to thinkvtheir app is crashing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev