DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've had enough of the (cr)app

Cant help with your problem now, but becoming a believer in "if you have a setup that works and like it do not update".

I agree. I dont ever update anything.
I've got the setup which works for me and I'm not touching them. I'm with dji for about 3 years and I've learned the hard way too. In my case it was the drone update falure and i needed to send steaight out of the box aircraft back to service twice. When it comes to the app. Pleaae always check reviews before updating anything. I've installed my dji go4 app around january. That version has had good reviews and i have no probs with itw. When it comes to iphone 5s. I think that it not enough anymore. Specially with the latest ios simply because the new ios is much more demanding for the old ipone .if You'll add on the top heavy app like dji go, the processor in your iphone will struggle to keep up. I wouldn't be suprised if the next dji go 4 will not support iphone 5s anymore. I know that those late devices are not cheap but running 1000£ machine onthe bottom end phone could cause You some serious troubles. I hope that You won't give up on dji and that You'll find the right setup for You soon. I recommend ipad mini 4. It's powerfull. Still compact. And the battery life is much better than any iphone. I'm on Ios 10 and i would never update any further.

I hope this helps. Thanks

Litchi.

There are no features of GO4 that I need that Litchi does not have. On the rare occasion I want to use something like that, I just suffer through GO4 as needed.

So far, I've given new junk (like airplane mode) a try once, turned out it was a big "so what", haven't flown again with go since.

I prefer the normal flight UI on Litchi anyway.

Best of all, it has NEVER crashed on my Samsung Android phones.

There have been people that have had issues and dji haven't covered them by warranty due to using litchi

I think you mentioned that your MP firmware is up to date? I did have issues with my android device in the original firmware, but those were also on very, very old days (-10 to 20 degrees). So, I cannot be sure which one it was.

I am running the DJI GO4 app on my Amazon Fire Phone (not supported and needed to be hacked in..) and also an iPhone 5s (paid $30 or less). I am not sure what droid version I am on, but I think kik 4.4 and iOS is @ 10.0.2 (or so last release that can be jailbroken).

I keep airplane mode on, no sims in either device, and wifi is usually a mix of on and off. DJI app is always closed after use as I do not want accidental updates. No issues - as long as I keep the app closed and no rogue data streams get in from DJI. If they do, I wipe the app data, restore the app, and start over - although sometimes data leaks into the MP/Spark and then you are SOL until you update.

If you are running on an android device then please download nofirewall (free tool) NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play

My trust of DJI completely ran out about a month ago. Without updating the app DJI forced me out of my spark and I missed out on a great flight.

Reactions: mmtphoto
W
People still recommending apple crap when there's currently lots of threads stating issues with them
Where are these people and posts? I haven't seen any that is the fault of the iPad. Usually it's a bad cable, a faulty controller or user error.
I'm not an apple person. All my phones are Android and I use a Windows computer. But I was tired of DJI GO screwing up every time I went flying. So, I bought the iPad mini 4. I have had zero issues on the hundreds of flights since. I even bought the much regarded Nvidia Shield K1. It crashed also. The iPad works all the time every time always...until it is outdated. Lol

W

Where are these people and posts? I haven't seen any that is the fault of the iPad. Usually it's a bad cable, a faulty controller or user error.
I'm not an apple person. All my phones are Android and I use a Windows computer. But I was tired of DJI GO screwing up every time I went flying. So, I bought the iPad mini 4. I have had zero issues on the hundreds of flights since. I even bought the much regarded Nvidia Shield K1. It crashed also. The iPad works all the time every time always...until it is outdated. Lol

Iphone 8 and DJI Go not working

My mobile device no longer connects

DJI Go 4 4.1.12

Go app not connecting to iPhone

Dji App not connecting with ios11

Cannot LOG INTO GO4 APP

Can't login!

I was also tired of apple and I've decided to try android. I bought nexus 7 2nd gen for my phantom 3a back then. Gave it a go but after 2 weeks Of testing i didin't like it as much as i did iphone 6+. The app was just running much smoother and faster on ios. Ive sold the nexus and went for ipad air2 as the controller for p3a was designed for that tablet. It costed much more than nexus but i was very happy with my decision. Bought it second han as new with one of eatly ios 10 and never updated it. I've been using it since xmas also on my mavic pro later on with holder. It felt a bit bulky so i went for mini4 as it is the same performance also ios10. Not even a single problem. But i know now that if i've updated to ios 11 i wouldnt be able to fly anymore as the dji go 4 didn't work properly on ios 11 and needed an update. It is not ios fault. Dji go was not compatible with some protocols of the new ios. If You like to keep your devices up to date then i'd advice you to not update from the very first day of the release. Just wait for a few day to see if it will not affect you in any way specially with the totaly new releases ios 9,10,11 etc

The first two links are the same thread, he just needed to sign into the go app again. Not a iOS or apple issue.
The second link is an issue with the app update without an internet connection, so he couldn't log into the app. Again, an app issue. Not an iOS or apple issue.
The next one was an issue with iOS 11. He deleted the go app, reinstalled it and hasn't Haan issue again.
The last one was another log in issue with the app. Not an iOS or apple issue.
All of the above were resolved with one step.
I still don't see an issue with the device itself.
No issues with the app force closing during flights, no compass issues, no not connected issues time and time again having to reset the device, close background apps, etc etc etc.
All of those issues are with Android. I love Android. I hate Android with DJI GO and trying to fly my Mavic or Phantom.

Reactions: Pipes101
I have had
I was also tired of apple and I've decided to try android. I bought nexus 7 2nd gen for my phantom 3a back then. Gave it a go but after 2 weeks Of testing i didin't like it as much as i did iphone 6+. The app was just running much smoother and faster on ios. Ive sold the nexus and went for ipad air2 as the controller for p3a was designed for that tablet. It costed much more than nexus but i was very happy with my decision. Bought it second han as new with one of eatly ios 10 and never updated it. I've been using it since xmas also on my mavic pro later on with holder. It felt a bit bulky so i went for mini4 as it is the same performance also ios10. Not even a single problem. But i know now that if i've updated to ios 11 i wouldnt be able to fly anymore as the dji go 4 didn't work properly on ios 11 and needed an update. It is not ios fault. Dji go was not compatible with some protocols of the new ios. If You like to keep your devices up to date then i'd advice you to not update from the very first day of the release. Just wait for a few day to see if it will not affect you in any way specially with the totaly new releases ios 9,10,11 etc
I have had iOS 11on my mini 4 since the day it was released. I have flown numerous times without a single issue. As have many others. The issue was with iPhone 8 and iOS 11, not just with Go, but other apps as well. There has been two updates in the past two weeks. Those issues have been resolved.

Reactions: MavicMoira
I can only speak from my own experience, I use iOS and the DJI app has never crashed on me. I been using an iPhone 6 + and an iPad mini 4 and have never had any problems with the hardware.

I use a Samsung S8+ and a Samsung Tab S2 8" with zero problems. I've honestly never had any problems but I realize that I must be in the minority. *shrugs*

Reactions: Dragonfly and masic
Like someone wrote in early posts of this thread, I'm also using not approved LG G4.
Crashed maybe once or twice in a couple dozens of flights, each one to two full batteries long.
My phone is quite clean from rubbish apps though and I'm on .400 and app is on 4.1.2 version.

I have had

I have had iOS 11on my mini 4 since the day it was released. I have flown numerous times without a single issue. As have many others. The issue was with iPhone 8 and iOS 11, not just with Go, but other apps as well. There has been two updates in the past two weeks. Those issues have been resolved.
apologies then. I didn't`t know that iPads were not affected. I didn't`t plan to update anyway as my setup works perfectly for me so iwouldn`t potentially ruin it for myself. I know for sure that iPhones were affected as most of my friends has had some issues with some apps after that update.
I don`t like to update IOS as I`ve had few issues myself. thanks

apologies then. I didn't`t know that iPads were not affected. I didn't`t plan to update anyway as my setup works perfectly for me so iwouldn`t potentially ruin it for myself. I know for sure that iPhones were affected as most of my friends has had some issues with some apps after that update.
I don`t like to update IOS as I`ve had few issues myself. thanks
IOS 11 has screen recording. Which is a nice feature to have while flying.

Reactions: MavicMoira
I think you mentioned that your MP firmware is up to date? I did have issues with my android device in the original firmware, but those were also on very, very old days (-10 to 20 degrees). So, I cannot be sure which one it was.

I am running the DJI GO4 app on my Amazon Fire Phone (not supported and needed to be hacked in..) and also an iPhone 5s (paid $30 or less). I am not sure what droid version I am on, but I think kik 4.4 and iOS is @ 10.0.2 (or so last release that can be jailbroken).

I keep airplane mode on, no sims in either device, and wifi is usually a mix of on and off. DJI app is always closed after use as I do not want accidental updates. No issues - as long as I keep the app closed and no rogue data streams get in from DJI. If they do, I wipe the app data, restore the app, and start over - although sometimes data leaks into the MP/Spark and then you are SOL until you update.

If you are running on an android device then please download nofirewall (free tool) NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play

My trust of DJI completely ran out about a month ago. Without updating the app DJI forced me out of my spark and I missed out on a great flight.

Hi Mate. what did You mean something leaks into your drone. Could they mess something up in my drone through the app????

Sorry to say mosts posts were very unhelpful I'm sure. The OP stated VERY plainly that he could only afford teh iPhone 5 and that stretched his budget. Not sure why everyone would start in on the iPad mini refrain.
The reason the Galaxy stopped working is because the devs faithfully use the latest Android SDK which almost always sets some flag set that says there is a minimum version of Android required to get an app. Is this what you saw?
If you have a backup via Kies or something else I'd dig around for the older version of Go 4 and reinstall it. Perhaps some generous soul here will PM you with an older APK you can install. In fact when I get home I'll check my version on my S7 and make sure it has not been updated. Like you said - it *was* working until the upgrade.
If that's the hardware you're stuck with then I'd follow suggestions to avoid any further upgrades.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d