DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've killed a drone!

I think you have to try to crash the Mini 2 into the ground. If you simply watch your surroundings this thing is almost impossible to crash. It’s also funny that some unnecessary diy addition was partly to blame. The drone comes with exactly what it needs, y’all.

Last edited:
some unnecessary diy addition
Unnecessary to you possibly. Very helpful to me to keep the Mini 2's camera safer from strikes, the props out of the grass and the gimbal out of the gravel.
While you may have no interest in exploring some of the Mini 2's features, some of us are more curious. I just wanted to see the bottom sensors work on the fly. Was a nice confirmation.
To each his own.?

Last edited:
How on earth did you do all that damage the drone practically flies itself
Hello drone friends!

I've got a confession to make... I've killed a Mini 2 drone. First drone for me so I was expecting this to come, this is why I've got the Care Refresh Plan.
All the crashes I had so far I've been from a height no more than 1 meter. I had the battery door broken 2 times, some very small cracks here and there, but this last time was deadly :D Again from a very low attitude, guess this is the price we have to pay for lightness.
I also wasn't aware they will send me a shipping label so shipped it at my expense but doesn't matter.

Haven't tried other drones, but I'm amazed by this little fellow, fast, light, very - very compact, stunning image quality, amazing battery life. It is perfect for a hobbyist like myself.
Now, all clear with DJI, waiting for the replacement in a few days.

Do you have any interesting crash stories or maybe videos? Love to know.

I misjudged a tree and my mini got caught in it’s branches. Only had it a month! Spent ages until it was dark throwing stones and shaking the tree but it wouldn’t budge. Went back at sunrise and it had gone. Got refresh but no use without a drone to replace. Big lesson learned! On a side note, can anyone recommend an insurance that covers loss? Mini 2 in the post. I’ll definitely be more careful but just incase! (There’s a prize if you can spot the drone)283887CC-1D09-498D-94D6-3B764888FE60.jpeg

Reactions: DJayI
I misjudged a tree and my mini got caught in it’s branches. Only had it a month! Spent ages until it was dark throwing stones and shaking the tree but it wouldn’t budge. Went back at sunrise and it had gone. Got refresh but no use without a drone to replace. Big lesson learned! On a side note, can anyone recommend an insurance that covers loss? Mini 2 in the post. I’ll definitely be more careful but just incase! (There’s a prize if you can spot the drone)View attachment 126710

Is it circled in blue?
Everybody should own a good slingshot....well, that or a recovery drone. ?
InTree2.jpg

Reactions: A.O. and Rich150
Reminds me of Daily Mail and spot the snow leopard articles, ha ha.

Pretty easy to spot that, looks like it's perfectly ready to take off again.

PS. I think the snow leopard is just behind the bush near the fence.
It’s Cannock Chase, no snow leopards here only a black panther. ?
It looks ready to fly but unfortunately it was well and truly stuck and the motors wouldn’t spin.

This made me laugh. I was chatting with my dad just tonight after telling him I nearly flew straight into my car! Just due to a split second lack of clear thinking. Not good. We did chuckle a bit - and I said I knew that the crash that will take out my drone will be a really stupid crash, nothing dramatic at all. Something like straight into my car!! I have crashed it once into a tree but luckily just came out with a cracked arm and blades to be replaced.
Well, all the crashes I had, happened in my garden, a lot of obstacles not much space, my fault obviously :D So the last time I was hovering under this tent, the propeller made contact with the fabric on top, and the next thing is the Mini flying straight down to the concrete floor. Yes, I do realise how stupid that sounds :D

Hello drone friends!

I've got a confession to make... I've killed a Mini 2 drone. First drone for me so I was expecting this to come, this is why I've got the Care Refresh Plan.
All the crashes I had so far I've been from a height no more than 1 meter. I had the battery door broken 2 times, some very small cracks here and there, but this last time was deadly :D Again from a very low attitude, guess this is the price we have to pay for lightness.
I also wasn't aware they will send me a shipping label so shipped it at my expense but doesn't matter.

Haven't tried other drones, but I'm amazed by this little fellow, fast, light, very - very compact, stunning image quality, amazing battery life. It is perfect for a hobbyist like myself.

Please tell me about the Refresh Care Plan. I have a Mini, my first. Rock solid!

Hello drone friends!

Well I think you very noble telling us about your wipeouts. I hope you get a replacement soon. I’m paranoid about crashing hence all my videos are of the wibbly, wobbly kind‼️

Last edited:
With would you fly a drone a foot off a sidewalk or in a crowded backyard? I ve never crashed a drone in all these years. The point of using a (good) drone is to get good footage or pics. What can you get a foot off a sidewalk or in your backyard?
You might want to rethink that, does not make sense, really. What if you live in Texas and your backyard is 1000s sq. meters. Or you are the Queen and you "own" 1/6 of the world :D

Well I think you very noble telling us about your wipeouts. I hope you get a replacement soon. I’m paranoid about crashing hence all my videos are of the wibbly, wobbly kind‼️
Thank you! Should be here tomorrow! I've already planned my first bike-packing trip, so it goes straight to business :D

What leads you to believe that the shot(s) one wants do not exist under those conditions? Everybody's looking for something different.

PS I also have not crashed(close call yes) a good drone.

PS This would have been more enjoyable for us personally, if a good drone had been used.
I got dizzy watching that! :oops:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme