DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jittery Video...Please Help!

awesomebox8

Reactions
My Mavic Pro consistently produces jittery video (the live feed while flying as well as the recorded video). I have tried all that I can think of to fix this issue without success. Is this drone defective, or am I doing something wrong on my end.

I shoot in manual, 4k at 30 fps, a shutter speed of 1/60, and iso of 100 with no luck. If the Mavic is stationary it isn't bad, but once I start moving, it cannot be relied on. I also am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD card. The results are the same on the 16GB Sandisk Extreme SD Card that came with the drone as well.

Please follow this link to see the original video in 4k: Dropbox - DJI_0002.mp4

This will link to a different video in 1080p: Dropbox - 1080.mp4

What kind of shutter speed is that being recorded at ?

All I can say is this is not normal. Especially at those speeds and frame rate/shutter speed.

If it is happening all the time, I would say you have a defective unit.

Thank you for the reply. That's what I have come to suspect as well. I sure hope that's not normal at least. I have initiated a return with the photography store I bought it from and will be getting a new one.

Check behind the gimble if there is any damage or the gimble itself. I also was having jittery videos till I inspected the drone and found a broken piece behind the gimble that's also supporting the gimble plate
c58c9afe30f37f2659c04b0582e328ef.jpg

I had the same problem after a crash (low battery RTH while under a tree!). The gimbal plate jumped over its L-shaped "hook" at the back of the camera. One Mavic user suggested forcing the plate back under the hook (he had done this), but I was afraid of breaking off the tip of the "hook".
I took the route suggested by another user to unscrew the hook to get the gimbal plate back underneath it. Unfortunately the two screws holding the hook unscrew from the TOP side. The YouTube video from FixaCrash called "Removing the Mavic Pro Gimbal" shows how to do this. It is not for the faint of heart, though. You have to go through a lot of disassembly of the bird to get to those two screws.

However, I did it (being able to pause the video at each step helped) and it cured my Mavic video shake.
Check behind the gimble if there is any damage or the gimble itself. I also was having jittery videos till I inspected the drone and found a broken piece behind the gimble that's also supporting the gimble plate
c58c9afe30f37f2659c04b0582e328ef.jpg

It can also be caused by the little yellow tag attached to the gumball.

Try with the mavic off to tilt the camera fully up and down (also left right)

If the littke tag catches even slightly it will cause jittery videos. Judt remove the tag.

If your gimball has come out from behind the metal clip then you can man-handle it back in place - takes a bit of effort though (and some bravery) but remember it came dislodged that way so it will also go back!

The Mavic gimbal is more fragile than phantom. It's the smallest gimbal and camera in the market. I had to return my craft because after 50 flights, out of the blue the gimbal would fail to complete the boot routine, producing a dialog claiming gimbal overload, yet there were no obstructions. The craft had never crashed or been mistreated, it just went wacko one day. DJI replaced the craft, the new is working fine.

As a sanity check, turn on the craft. When ready to fly, pick up the drone by hand and tilt it left, right, back and forward about 30 degrees. During tilt routine, listen to the gimbal for an intermittent hum as you tilt. Feel the camera while tilting to see if it vibrates. These vibrations can cause jello in video, kinda like you're experiencing.

Last edited:
Check on YouTube key words mav gimbal shaking error. Some great info for referencing. Only had one crash from 2 feet up, was landing and a cat started getting ready to pounce. Only busted two props and that gimbal issue. This forum and YouTube saved my ***...lmao.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998