DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought the mavic air

It's not a requirement, but it's a good way to eliminate distractions (e.g. incoming phone calls). Depending on the phone you're using, it might also help your phone run DJI GO better (since it'll free up some more resources).

Reactions: MavicMo
You might want to use the data on your phone for loading maps and such, in which case, I’d just turn on Do Not Disturb instead.

Reactions: Nastyman211
I highly recommend that you ALWAYS fly with any near by device in Airplane Mode!
Having nearby Blue Tooth and WiFi on, can only be a source of direct interference to the WiFi spectrum that is being used between the Controller and the Drone.

A simple test, just to convince yourself that your nearby devices can cause interference, is to bring up the WiFi spectrum screen on your controlling device. While looking at the screen, put any nearby devices in and out of Airplane Mode and you will see how it modifies the WiFi spectrum your Drone is using for controller communications. Devices with WiFi and BlueTooth turned on, are constantly polling, looking for devices to connect to.

And that goes for the phone in your pocket, as well as the phone/tablet you are using to display the DJI GO4 Application, and watch the incoming video stream from the Drone.

There is absolutely no good reason to NOT put your nearby devices in Airplane Mode when flying the Mavic Air!

When using a large tablet, I always connect it to the USB port at the bottom center of the controller. iPad's of any type really work great with the Mavic Air. I use the 9" ipad Air2 on an external mount, really easy to use and it works great every time.

Take a look at the study that I did on the DJI P3 & P4 that analyzes the interaction between signals! You can find it at: Always Airplane Mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe