DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered CrystalSky monitor

Yeah that is kinda getting out of my price range though.

Over the holiday the iPad mini was on sale for $299. Now it's back to $399 and the CS 5.5 is pretty close to that, then I would need a charger, a mount and who knows what else.

The biggest reason for thinking iPad was seeing a couple posts about the CS being last for updates but I am also getting the impression that the thing just works so the updates would be features anyhow not for bugs.

When the MP came out I knew it was the bird for me, no doubt. But now down to picking a dedicated screen. Whew it's killing me.

If that's the case, I'm finding the CS 5.5 screen a bit too small, so I have been using the mini 4 and 7.85 ultra more

Unfortunately it is difficult at best to get it into the Mavic fly more combo bag with the adapter on the RC.
Oh, ok. But didn’t you mention in your above post that it can be packed away separately from the RC?

Oh, ok. But didn’t you mention in your above post that it can be packed away separately from the RC?
@Gerry65 The CrystalSky can be detached from the RC and packed away separately. It does not have to packed away as a single device. It will fit into the fly more combo bag (at an angle) but it is a very tight squeeze and even tighter with batteries in both of the mesh side pockets.
So if ultimate portability (in the fly more combo bag) is what you need, I would stick to an iPhone or even the Wonderphone IMO.

@Gerry65 The CrystalSky can be detached from the RC and packed away separately. It does not have to packed away as a single device. It will fit into the fly more combo bag (at an angle) but it is a very tight squeeze and even tighter with batteries in both of the mesh side pockets.
So if ultimate portability (in the fly more combo bag) is what you need, I would stick to an iPhone or even the Wonderphone IMO.
Great. Thanks for getting back. I bought a case for the monitor so it’s not the monitor that I wanted to fit in the fly more bag. I meant the dji adapter itself: can it be easily detached by hand from the RC so that I can carry my RC and Mavic on the combo bag and just tote the adapter around. It looks like it’s got easily removable screws attached to the RC.

Love my 5.5

cbe7135bae1605309692dbb30dc33806.jpg

Fits perfect. I ended up using a flat mount that fits into the RC as I just couldn't get away with my Mavmount. The Mavmount is fantastically made and very light considering what it is.

b262dbca9bb53c82f71d96a388638027.jpg

So if you like that position I can definitely recommend the Mavmount but it was just not for me.

I’m sorry which mount did you go with? I like the flat config just like the phone. Thx

It looks like it’s got easily removable screws attached to the RC.

Yes, you can quickly unscrew the DJI CS Mount from the mavic controller, without any tools and pack it away seperately. The CS mounting bracket doesn't have to be removed either and it doesn't add any depth or width to the CS unit

Last edited:
I’m sorry which mount did you go with? I like the flat config just like the phone. Thx
If the question was meant for me, I went with the DJI Mavic/Spark mount. Easily detaches with 2 thumb screws and packs nicely.

I normally don't make this statement, but I can honestly say the the 7.85" CS UB is "hands down" the best investment I've made for flying my DJI Platforms. Yeah the goggles are cool, but I bring my Mavic with more on my motorcycle, thus storage space is at a premium and the CS is nearly the same size as an iPad mini.

Reactions: rfc and Advexure
I normally don't make this statement, but I can honestly say the the 7.85" CS UB is "hands down" the best investment I've made for flying my DJI Platforms. Yeah the goggles are cool, but I bring my Mavic with more on my motorcycle, thus storage space is at a premium and the CS is nearly the same size as an iPad mini.

100% agree, I have used the CS UB many many times over the last few months but until last week I did not own one myself. Finally got my own last week and am loving it for tooling around with on my Spark, Mavic and I2. Looking forward to using it on some upcoming commercial work.

I use the CS UB when real local and not even taking a case or backpack out and use the CS 5.5" when traveling or want to be more portable. Both fit safely in my LowePro backpack. I'm just waiting for us to get some Moverio glasses in stock and then I'm grabbing a pair of those too! :)

I'd say 2018 is off to a great start!! lol :cool:

Those looking for CS 5.5" or CS 7.85 we have both back in stock, link here: https://advexure.com/category/dji-crystalsky/ The 7.85" High Brightness is unfortunately out of stock again.

I'm just waiting for us to get some Moverio glasses in stock and then I'm grabbing a pair of those too! :)
Umm, wish you hadn't mentioned those. I had read about them earlier and put it to bed but now.....I'm searching the internet for more info about 'em. Keep us posted. I'm still very naive in regard to them so if you have good links to share that illustrate their usage I'd appreciate if you'd share them.

Oh, I just noticed that there's Moverio forum here.

Umm, wish you hadn't mentioned those. I had read about them earlier and put it to bed but now.....I'm searching the internet for more info about 'em. Keep us posted. I'm still very naive in regard to them so if you have good links to share that illustrate their usage I'd appreciate if you'd share them.

I did a video review on them prior to public release, but I can't seem to find it.

Yes plenty of good stuff on the BT-300 in our own section

MOVERIO FPV Smart Glasses

I am saving my coins for CS as I live in Florida and sun hood's don't cut it with my iPad Mini 4.

Really interested in the 7.85 inch CS.

What's the big difference between the high brightness version and the ultra bright version ?

I am saving my coins for CS as I live in Florida and sun hood's don't cut it with my iPad Mini 4.

Really interested in the 7.85 inch CS.

What's the big difference between the high brightness version and the ultra bright version ?
I believe there's a video comparison somewhere, but its very hard to convey the brightness via a photo or video. With that said, I have the CS UB 7.85 and I can honestly say its too bright...LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga