DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered CrystalSky monitor

I just ordered a CS 5.5 this morning.Heard there was some issues with this unit having signal drops earlier,has that been resolved with the current software??How has the user experience been with this unit other than it having a good bright display compared to the newer Apple devices?

Last edited:
Sorry,I’m definitely a newbie,should have phrased it as glitches.Heard the Android platform is not a sold as Apple with the Mavic.

Sorry,I’m definitely a newbie,should have phrased it as glitches.Heard the Android platform is not a sold as Apple with the Mavic.
The CS uses a "scaled down" version of the Android OS

I've had zero problems with it. Wait, I have one thing. It asks for a safety zone update but only when I'm not connected to the internet. I just ignore it but it makes me wonder. Any thoughts?

It asks for a safety zone update but only when I'm not connected to the internet. I just ignore it
It asks me that too but also out in the field as I’m readying to fly. Otherwise, I haven’t experienced any glitches although after a couple of weeks I’m still just slowly adjusting to the Android OS.

It’s really quit versatile as it’s like having a scaled down version of a laptop in the field. And then the editing, playback and sharing options are nice (although I haven’t figured out how to use the ‘link’ to share as I don’t post much on Instagram, FB, etc.). Anyway, it has more than I really need but the screen is the main thing I got it for.

Also, i have the DJI mount and I like that as it is physically using a phone, which I’ve always used.

Anyway, I think you’ll be happy with it and check out the Crystalsky forum here which I just discovered myself.

It asks me that too but also out in the field as I’m readying to fly. Otherwise, I haven’t experienced any glitches although after a couple of weeks I’m still just slowly adjusting to the Android OS.

It’s really quit versatile as it’s like having a scaled down version of a laptop in the field. And then the editing, playback and sharing options are nice (although I haven’t figured out how to use the ‘link’ to share as I don’t post much on Instagram, FB, etc.). Anyway, it has more than I really need but the screen is the main thing I got it for.

Also, i have the DJI mount and I like that as it is physically using a phone, which I’ve always used.

Anyway, I think you’ll be happy with it and check out the Crystalsky forum here which I just discovered myself.

Yea it took me a minute to figure out how to move files from my Mavic or the internal memory of the CS to a SD card in the CS.

If your interested in a cool way to mount your Crystal sky 7.85" to your transmitter, I came up with a simple sulotion. It is not adjustable and it will only fit the 7.85" crystalsky. If your interested I'm selling them for $25.00 to cover the material and shipping. If I get a high demand I will have to increase that to $35.00 to cover my cost. The mount puts every thing in the perfect place for me to control everything with little effort.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 65
I'd also consider the 7.85in over the 5.5
Some things the wife shouldn't"t know Ha Ha
I have the 7.85 and really like it a lot. I also came up with a cool mount if your interested. I'm selling them for $25.00 to cover the cost of materials and shipping but I most likely will have to go up to $35.00 if I keep getting lots of orders. the mount fits everything in the right place to do everything needed. It only will fit the 7.85" crystalsky and is not adjustable.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 36
Absolutely nothing wrong with the CS 5.5 ..... IMO if you want to connect it to the controller so it sits under the remote then I think the 5.5 has to be the better fit ..

This my setup

f9b996ef501fb469940fb19ae8448da1.jpg

5383b339c9d33e981fdf92d3b77ee68e.jpg

And the 5.5 fits into my case with its mount in place.

3673d81a25fabad775b4dff652ed36ce.jpg

However I do appreciate this is a very personal thing really.

Reactions: jcole_photos
Absolutely nothing wrong with the CS 5.5 ..... IMO if you want to connect it to the controller so it sits under the remote then I think the 5.5 has to be the better fit ..

This my setup

Yep, my 5.5 fits in my case as well.

20171109_220624.jpg

Reactions: jcole_photos

Anthony Viscomi said:
The guys at Advexure are great to deal with and you'll be real happy with the CS. I bought the 7.85" because my eyesight sucks

Thank you for the kind words! Cheers :cool:

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Reactions: Ping^Spike

This my setup

I'm running a couple of Mavmounts but they do require some space to stow. I do like the monitor up high but if I'm making up a mini-pack kit, the mount shown here looks pretty good. I want all my 5.5 buttons on the same side as my as my 7 inch and don't want to flip the monitor upside down. Just me.

Reactions: Advexure

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54