DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just passed my Part 107 Exam Looking for entry level position in Northwest

Reactions
Hello my fellow remote pilots! I just passed my Part 107 exam two weeks ago, got my temporary license. I’m I have 53 successful flights under my belt, and just under 8 hours of flight time.
I’d like to find an entry level position in the Portland Oregon area if possible. I have military aviation experience, inflight photography was one of my duties. I understand the hazards and risks of flight and truly enjoy flying drones because of the limited risks to life, the ability to get up and get aerial imaging from locations, and the tremendous cost saving of getting it done with a drone vs manned flight.
I’m new to this forum and I’m interested in networking and making friends. Here a screen shot of video I shot over the weekend out on the coast. I hope we can connect, it’s a beautiful day here in Portland so i think I’ll be out flying some where today.
Cheers & Airships UP!

Attachments

• BAA4565F-5CCC-41BA-BDC2-74C105A70008.png
    BAA4565F-5CCC-41BA-BDC2-74C105A70008.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 30
Hello my fellow remote pilots! I just passed my Part 107 exam two weeks ago, got my temporary license. I’m I have 53 successful flights under my belt, and just under 8 hours of flight time.
I’d like to find an entry level position in the Portland Oregon area if possible. I have military aviation experience, inflight photography was one of my duties. I understand the hazards and risks of flight and truly enjoy flying drones because of the limited risks to life, the ability to get up and get aerial imaging from locations, and the tremendous cost saving of getting it done with a drone vs manned flight.
I’m new to this forum and I’m interested in networking and making friends. Here a screen shot of video I shot over the weekend out on the coast. I hope we can connect, it’s a beautiful day here in Portland so i think I’ll be out flying some where today.
Cheers & Airships UP!
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Congrats on your 107.

Thanks Thomas! I’ve been involve some here in the Northwest with AUVSI’s Cascade chapter I helped with the design, engineering and assembly of the Carangi Airship a few years ago. I believe the company has foiled up, but they were working on a lighter than air platform.

I bet it’s nice living somewhere you can get out flying most day!

Thanks Thomas! I’ve been involve some here in the Northwest with AUVSI’s Cascade chapter I helped with the design, engineering and assembly of the Carangi Airship a few years ago. I believe the company has foiled up, but they were working on a lighter than air platform.

I bet it’s nice living somewhere you can get out flying most day!
Welcome.
Actually, without driving a couple of hours to higher altitudes. From about late July to mid October my flying is limited to the golden hours, especially morning, due to ambient temps well above the recommended 104 degrees F.
But where there’s a will there’s a way.

Welcome.
Actually, without driving a couple of hours to higher altitudes. From about late July to mid October my flying is limited to the golden hours, especially morning, due to ambient temps well above the recommended 104 degrees F.
But where there’s a will there’s a way.

Wow! Those temps sound dangerous for lithium batteries, I understand why you limit yourself to flight during the golden hours! The light is better then in most case any way.
I’ve flown some over this winter out the Columbia gorge toward Hood river. I have to say flying to cold weather also has it draw backs too or at least some notice of caution.
Having to wear gloves makes doing touch screen controls limited. However under clear cold skies it’s nice for battery temps. When I’ve gotten up flying off on snow shoeing trails I make it point to keep my batteries and phone close to my body in pockets to keep them form getting too cold. Because than can be as much of a problem as heat. Especially with the iPhone itself.

Welcome to the forum and Good luck with your P107 endeavors.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Cheers & Airships UP!
Congrats on the 107! And welcome to this incredible, informative and supportive forum from NW Oregon! Is that Heceta Head Lighthouse? I took this video there a few months ago.

And Good Luck signing on with an employer who can help bring you to the 'next level'.

Reactions: old man mavic
Cheers & Airships UP!

Congratulations!!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan