DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received a repaired mavic 2 with rough motors

mavicmarvillous

Reactions
After two years the internal fan needed to be replaced. The one I received has three motors that are difficult to turn by hand. The two rear motors arm very difficult to spin and get stuck on turning them by hand. I know they test fly them before mailing them out. I tested for this one and it was louder than the one I sent in but I’m concerned one of these motors will fail and I will crash because of it. I’m hesitant to contact them and send it back again because it’s going to be several weeks and then it will be cold here. Any advice?

Could you retrieve the DAT flight log from the phone, see
or
for instructions on how to do that and post the log here.
Note if you use an RC1B controller it is unlikley that you will have a DAT file, they do not seem to create them. The RC1A controller does create a DAT flightlog.
DO NOT sync your logs, I believe the DAT file is uploaded to DJI and deleted from the phone. I do not know what the Smart controller does.
Some of the folks here are great at reading logs.

A 'stiff' motor will, I think, draw more current than a 'loose' motor and the motor currents are recorded in the DAT flightlog.
If you yourself are interested in seeing what is in there down load CsvView
CsvView Downloads
and or DatCon
With CsvVIew there are graphical presentations of the date available and you can get a csv of the data by clicking on "file" in the upper left corner of the CsvView window and then clicking on "export csv".The csv is wide, so you may need a 'modernish' spreadsheet program to see them all. My 'old' MS works didn't.

A bit bizzare but.......Since your sense of feel is somewhat subjective it might be interesting, if you have a light spring balance, to measure the force required to turn the motor. A thread or piece of sting stuck to the motor with tape etc, and then wrapped around the motor and attached to the spring balance should allow you to measure the force and not be subjective. You'd do best to keep the thread in a single layer. Someone might be able to give you a comparison.

Thanks for all the information. I’ll see if I can pull up that flight log. The rear motors are so stiff they’ll get stuck and you’ll have to twist in the other direction and then back again I should put up a video it’s pretty significant. I’m a little disappointed that they would send out a unit like this out as a repaired one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu