DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just venting

Biggmoinc

Reactions
Not to happy with the mavic air 2 coming out and having more flight time than my M2Z, smh, I know newer technology blahblahblah, I've had the spark, fun and awesome for what it was, I have the Air and Zoom now, I'm not buying the Air2 just a little disappointed bout the flying time 20190311_215601.jpeg

Seems everyone is wanting to vent. Tired of even reading about it we do have the ignore feature now so just ignore
that section and maybe that will help some.?

What’s there to be all upset about it’s only a 3 minute difference. They say 34 minutes which you will never get anyway. At Best you will probably get 25 minutes before the battery level dropped so low it’s going to force land anyway. What I’m sick and tired of hearing about is that thing supposed to be better than the M2 which it will never be.

I seriously doubt it will better than the M2P. Better price and all, and maybe better flight time, but not better overall.

I can understand the frustration if the Mavic Air had been released within the last few months and DJI had already overhauled it but the original Air is over two years old and even the Mavic 2 series is fast approaching its second birthday too, technology moves on especially with a relatively new field like consumer drones. I can't see it happening but if the Mavic 3 Pro is a big improvement over the Mavic 2 Pro I'd be pleased as it's a worthwhile upgrade if I'm needing it but if not my Mavic 2 Pro is no worse than when I bought it.

Reactions: deltamike
I can understand the frustration if the Mavic Air had been released within the last few months and DJI had already overhauled it but the original Air is over two years old and even the Mavic 2 series is fast approaching its second birthday too, technology moves on especially with a relatively new field like consumer drones. I can't see it happening but if the Mavic 3 Pro is a big improvement over the Mavic 2 Pro I'd be pleased as it's a worthwhile upgrade if I'm needing it but if not my Mavic 2 Pro is no worse than when I bought it.
I see your point. Well stated.

New releases boil down to technology advances vs sales of current models vs competition. I can see a bunch of frustrated engineers watching their advancements sit on a shelf while the current model goes through its sales cycle.

I am looking forward to the Mavic version with a large enough payload capacity to carry me in a lawn chair :).

• Haha
A man with three drones complaining! Lucky I say!
Sold the spark a month after I got the mavic2, recouped some money but kinda wished I kept the ol' sparky, it was easier to hack the speed of it, looks like a toy, no one paid much attention to it, I just posted this to say like to say hey, wish I had a good 40 min with the zoom lol, it's all good i do enjoy them

I feel ya! Who knows where the next steps in battery tech. will get us. On board solar charging? ultra light tech? the flight times will come up, hang in there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke