DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"KatePlate" reinforcement of rear arm stop tab

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Based on Kate's accident the other day I decided to reinforce the rear arm stop plates. Clear acrylic cut to shape, epoxied. White tape to prevent the epoxy from joining the Mavic parts together (I hope that works!!). 24 hours to wait for hardening. (Yes I see the air bubble - but after trying to get it out I was making a mess. The critical area is closer to the rear outer corner).

The splendidly engineered, specially formulated and engineered plastic was computer modeled and simulated then fabricated in a high tech machine shop.

I found some scrap acrylic in the garage from another project, deemed it strong and supple enough (it is in fact more brittle than I would have preferred). Cut and shaped with a Dremel tool and epoxied with Legape 5 minute epoxy (24 hours to harden).

Notion is that it will spread shock loads from the original plate and resist shattering.

Thanks Kate! (And sorry you didn't have the benefit of this - it might have helped).

IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0344.JPG

For me personally I am looking to fix a problem with a cracked extension plate that resulted from an accidental crash. I think we would all agree no one is crashing these things on purpose but accidents can happen in the beginning

Missed this one. nice to be referenced (even for crashing)
mod looks trik :)
Great you would care for your mavic so much pre-crash

anything you can do to shure up the rear tab/haunches, without affecting weight/flight controls,
seems a great mod imho

in crash similar to mine, it could take the extra energy, maybe the acrylic would pop off to save the Tab?

I've yet to repair mine. controls are still Solid
I do get horizon issues in a right slide tho. makes sense as it would load up the broken arm

be interested to see a full picture

Last edited:
Special note to platinum owners: take the paint off before applying the Kate plate.
Mine fell from a high top table, popped the plate off and cracked the stopper. You can see on the left side how much paint came off. I took the right side off and not as much paint came with it. This was bonded with a super glue.

Attachments

• F14773FD-5C34-4DBE-91AC-D7F0728214D4.jpeg
    F14773FD-5C34-4DBE-91AC-D7F0728214D4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada