DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifeguard drone

OldGuy

Reactions
Walking along the sea front in Fuengirola (Malaga province) this morning I was surprised to see a very large drone hovering above the beach close to the water line. I immediately thought "why aren't the sunbathers complaining and calling the police as they usually do". On closer inspection I saw that the drone was being controlled from a bright red tent with the letters “Socorrismo Malaga” which roughly translated “First aid/Lifeguard service Malaga”.
I crossed the sand to get a closer look and spoke to one of the operations team. The drone was a DJI model which I didn’t recognise, had a flight time of 40 minutes and carried a life jacket and a defibrillator.
How nice for a change to see a drone being viewed in a positive way by the public and not getting the usual bad press that we drone pilots often get!
DSCF5906.JPGDSCF5898.JPGDSCF5902.JPG

Reactions: AVLJMA and OldGuy
Have a look at the 'TV programme'/youtube "Bondi Rescue".
To me it was immediately seemed that a drone would be a great aid to their search function and or shark spotting function if nothing else. I recollect they tried a larger drone to drop assistance to a test 'patient', I think it beat the lifeguard 'to the patient' but you'd need to check that.
I think a private drone flier even called in a shark warning in one episode.

Walking along the sea front in Fuengirola (Malaga province) this morning I was surprised to see a very large drone hovering above the beach close to the water line. I immediately thought "why aren't the sunbathers complaining and calling the police as they usually do". On closer inspection I saw that the drone was being controlled from a bright red tent with the letters “Socorrismo Malaga” which roughly translated “First aid/Lifeguard service Malaga”.
I crossed the sand to get a closer look and spoke to one of the operations team. The drone was a DJI model which I didn’t recognise, had a flight time of 40 minutes and carried a life jacket and a defibrillator.
How nice for a change to see a drone being viewed in a positive way by the public and not getting the usual bad press that we drone pilots often get!
View attachment 165504View attachment 165505View attachment 165506
Yes, heading in a positive direction. ✅
🇨🇦👍

View attachment 165504View attachment 165505View attachment 165506
It looks like a DJI Inspire- here is a screen grab from the DJI web site.

Dale
Miami
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 2.51.20 PM.png

It looks like a DJI Inspire- here is a screen grab from the DJI web site.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 165571
Um... no it's not. The Inspire 3 is much skinnier and not the kind of drone you would use for that kind of operation. Matrice is much closer to what that thing looks like.

It's VERY clear from the pictures it's NOT what you linked to.

It's an M300, adapted to take the surf lifesaving equipment.
Pioneered in Australia, mostly on the east coast by the big Surf Lifesaving Australia clubs.

A lot of this was pioneered by UAV Challenge an event held in the past (2007 - 2014) to pioneer new, and refine, S&R techniques.
It's a real shame this didn't keep on as an annual event, refining such operations can never really be completed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N