DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for drone pilots to participate in a large-scale drone SAR exercise this summer on several hundred acres in Scotsboro, AL

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
We're planning a large-scale drone SAR exercise this summer at Camp Jackson outside Scotsboro, AL with Boy Scouts. Several hundred acres, the camp has challenging terrain with rivers and cliffs - ideal for a big SAR exercise. I'm looking to make this a day-long, multi-drone, large-scale practical exercise sometime this summer and am looking for drone pilots that want to participate. Thunderdrones is in and I'm pretty sure FatherXmas will since he's only an hour away. I'm going to be doing a recon with a couple of Scoutmasters sometime soon to identify possible locations and scenarios.

If you're potentially interested in participating in this groundbreaking event, sign up here and PM me with your email and I'll add you to the list to keep informed.

You count me in depending on the date

It looks like two scout troops will participate. I envision:
  • multiple drone scenarios
  • grid searches for lost parties
  • FPV searches for injured parties on the river and cliffs
  • joint operations with ground search teams
  • use of FOBS (forward observers) for extended distance searches
  • if the FAA lifts night restrictions by then, we'll do some night ops with those drones equipped for it; otherwise we'll do legal ops after sunset for half hour
It should be a killer large-scale exercise; I've come up with a cool name for it - "Rescue Rubicon"

Last edited:
Depending on when I may be interested.

I’m in, probably have to drive 2 days to just brake up the trip from central Texas, but if it a good training program I’ll make the drive and bring several of my drones to practice with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR