DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone after 3 days..

Yes! i have turned the drone on and it still works and the battery is fine. But obviously it cannot fly. So i looked at the last recorder video before it crashed, and it seems to be hoovering over a parking-lot just in the area that i searched in, very close to the last "find my drone" point. It was done hoovering for about 5 minutes then it crashed intro the ground. But it was only like 1 meter of the ground when it crashed down, so i think that it may got hit by a car or something later on, because it is so damage, and i cant imagine it was only because of the impact at 1 meters height..

So the guy who found it said it was laying at the parking lot, and that seems to be accurate according to the last recorded video of the drone.

Thanks alot for your long reply! Great tips and you are right that i really have to try to land manually in the future so i can avoid incidents like this. Do you have any tips on good retailers on spare parts for the mavic pro?

Morning Max,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to about the CAD files. The following is a link where you can download the files of the broken components that need replacing. Finding a 3D printer shouldn't be that difficult. Worst case you can get one on Ebay (research printers before you buy though as there are small issues with some of the models)

The process for printing is fairly straight forward. The main issue I've discovered is while a printer will replicate the part, there can be a minute difference in scale in the finished product. In other words, the part can be larger or smaller than the OEM part once printed. However, the fix is simple. It just requires the model to be scaled and the part reprinted.

One benefit to printing your own parts is that you can redesign the parts to add features or add structural strength. For example, the front feet are prone to crack in the radius where it joins the mounting pad at the top (the round pad where the screws are inserted to attach the foot to the arm). DJI engineers left the leg hollow to accommodate an antenna that inserts into the hollow center of the foot. I feel there is room to add a web down the center, dividing the hollow shaft into two separate cavities, one of which could allow for the antenna while adding to the structural integrity of the foot. I've broke two so far in crashes before learning what not to do.

as I mentioned on another post, several of the engineers where I work are drone pilots and also have 3D printers so I get to witness first hand, the results of their printed work and I have to say, its amazing what they can produce. there is a YouTube video of a guy that printed an entire Mavic, built his own electronics, and it flies! That's a bit extreme but you get the gist of the 3D printing capabilities.

GrabCAD - CAD library

Good luck and hope you get it gixed

Hey Guys,

So i've recently lost my drone after only flying it for 3 days. I've checked the gps coordinates and the spot where it lost signal. but i cant find it.

I was going to record some evening shots of the city, and when i was on my way back home with the drone, first my iphone shut off, because of the cold weather, so the gps location stoped after 19% battery on the drone. then around10% i think it autolanded. But now anywhere near the last gps coordinate obviously..=(

looked all night and 2 hours this morning, no where to be found. Do you guys think it landed on some rooftop or something? Any other tips to where to find it?

here is the flight log-picture

Hey Guys,

So i've recently lost my drone after only flying it for 3 days. I've checked the gps coordinates and the spot where it lost signal. but i cant find it.

I was going to record some evening shots of the city, and when i was on my way back home with the drone, first my iphone shut off, because of the cold weather, so the gps location stoped after 19% battery on the drone. then around10% i think it autolanded. But now anywhere near the last gps coordinate obviously..=(

looked all night and 2 hours this morning, no where to be found. Do you guys think it landed on some rooftop or something? Any other tips to where to find it?

here is the flight log-picture

I am very sorry, but my advise to everyone is to attach a tracking device to your drone as from day ONE.

I am using Trackimo. Cost is US$ 99 (or less if you can find a good deal) including one year subscription. You can simply attach it to the side of the Mavic with VELCRO.
When you fold the Mavic for transport, you just remove it and attach it back before you fly again. Do not forget to charge it before you fly , a full battery last for 3 to 4 days.
So far, I never lost the Mavic so I never had to search for it, , but it is also handy that Trackimo can show you the movement on a sat map when you look at the "memory" It shows you the exact flight path for the last hour (or 24 hours or the whole week),

The time saved NOT to go on a searching expedition but go straight to the lost Mavic position (or what is left off it) is worth the US$ 99,00 in my view.
Af course, if the Mavic fell in a lake or other water body, you know the co-ordinates, but than you have to dive for it.

Other pilots have already posted on this issue and you can see on youtube how to simply attach this device to the Mavic.

Being an international group, it appears that many posters are not from the US. I do not see how VLOS laws are being adhered to, given the distance and altitudes quoted. What countries require VLOS? Can you really see a Mavic at 400 ft altitude, even if it is not to far from the home point?

Reactions: Opabob
I suggest you ask a local drone pilot for help. They can canvas the area quickly from above and check to see if the drone landed on someone’s roof or in a tree. Good luck
Being an international group, it appears that many posters are not from the US. I do not see how VLOS laws are being adhered to, given the distance and altitudes quoted. What countries require VLOS? Can you really see a Mavic at 400 ft altitude, even if it is not to far from the home point?
In Canada the max altitude is 90 meters. And VLOS. As far as I know VLOS is a pretty standard rule in virtually every jurisdiction I know of.

You would be surprised how far away you can see a mavic, the problem is, if you take your eye off of it at the extreme limit of VLOS you may not ever acquire Visual again till you bring it closer!

1. Click DJI app.
2. Click on the three lines, top right corner.
3. Click flight list.
4. Click last flight.
5. Try locating your exact GPS position again this way rather than using the find my drone.

Once or if you find it, take it home, read and re-read the manuals again, learn to fly PROPERLY, and fit the drone with a trackimo chip.

Well, flew to high (really windy and cold at 1500 feet), battery@66 percent on take off, battery on phone really low, flew down wind out bound, flew over populated area, with above conditions. All this on third day? I wonder what could possibly go wrong? Put up lost drone posters(very smart) really unlucky having MP run over, hopefully repairs go well. Lessons learned?

Reactions: Capt. Oveur
I blame McDonalds for making their fries taste so good.
I blame Tom Cruise for making dangerous stunts look too easy.
I blame Coke for not telling us that sugar is bad for our teeth.
I blame Apple for making technology seem too smart.
I blame James Bond for making drinking look cool.

How 'bout we stop looking for someone to blame and be accountable for our own lack of intelligence?

Should DJI put a disclaimer on all their drones that says: "YOU CAN EASILY CRASH THIS OR LOSE THIS!" ?
Then they'd get sued or "blamed" because they didn't put the disclaimer in EVERY language.
**** straight, brother.

Reactions: Dizzy1971
1. Click DJI app.
2. Click on the three lines, top right corner.
3. Click flight list.
4. Click last flight.
5. Try locating your exact GPS position again this way rather than using the find my drone.

Once or if you find it, take it home, read and re-read the manuals again, learn to fly PROPERLY, and fit the drone with a trackimo chip.

Thanks for this info! I was unaware this feature was even available.

Sometimes we suffer hard knocks starting out, with anything that it takes practice to do well. Everybody was new at one time....a dude told me when I bought my MP a year ago, ask lots of questions, read the manual, keep flights close in the beginning, always confirm Homept, always start with hot batts, confirm settings frequently and follow the rules. Hope you find it!!

I am very sorry, but my advise to everyone is to attach a tracking device to your drone as from day ONE.

I am using Trackimo. Cost is US$ 99 (or less if you can find a good deal) including one year subscription. You can simply attach it to the side of the Mavic with VELCRO.
When you fold the Mavic for transport, you just remove it and attach it back before you fly again. Do not forget to charge it before you fly , a full battery last for 3 to 4 days.
So far, I never lost the Mavic so I never had to search for it, , but it is also handy that Trackimo can show you the movement on a sat map when you look at the "memory" It shows you the exact flight path for the last hour (or 24 hours or the whole week),

The time saved NOT to go on a searching expedition but go straight to the lost Mavic position (or what is left off it) is worth the US$ 99,00 in my view.
Af course, if the Mavic fell in a lake or other water body, you know the co-ordinates, but than you have to dive for it.

Other pilots have already posted on this issue and you can see on youtube how to simply attach this device to the Mavic.

I have a Trackimo that I valcro to my Mavic, it works great and my battery lasts up to 6 full days. I have tested it many times on cars and sat home watching it work. Also make sure you get the 3G model, 2G phone service is useless,
Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping

I believe mine also has BlueTooth so when you get close it will give you a better position of the device.

I have a Trackimo that I valcro to my Mavic, it works great and my battery lasts up to 6 full days. I have tested it many times on cars and sat home watching it work. Also make sure you get the 3G model, 2G phone service is useless,
Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping

I believe mine also has BlueTooth so when you get close it will give you a better position of the device.

Its 159 grams, not negligible on a 750 grams drone I'd say!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo