DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone after 3 days..

Its 159 grams, not negligible on a 750 grams drone I'd say!
You will never know its on the drone, super lite weight, I have used mine many times on my Mavic and never noticed any loss in battery or speed. Best of all you can use it on just about anything to keep track of the device or or vehicle!

Hey Guys,

So i've recently lost my drone after only flying it for 3 days. I've checked the gps coordinates and the spot where it lost signal. but i cant find it.

I was going to record some evening shots of the city, and when i was on my way back home with the drone, first my iphone shut off, because of the cold weather, so the gps location stoped after 19% battery on the drone. then around10% i think it autolanded. But now anywhere near the last gps coordinate obviously..=(

looked all night and 2 hours this morning, no where to be found. Do you guys think it landed on some rooftop or something? Any other tips to where to find it?

here is the flight log-picture

If you send your mavic out of range, and it looses signal. Can another's closer active controller connect to it and take control, does anyone know :-/

I have a Trackimo that I valcro to my Mavic, it works great and my battery lasts up to 6 full days. I have tested it many times on cars and sat home watching it work. Also make sure you get the 3G model, 2G phone service is useless,
Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping

I believe mine also has BlueTooth so when you get close it will give you a better position of the device.

That is three years worth of State Farm insurance (two years for the dog tracker), plus the annual cost for GPS tracking is as much as State Farm's annual cost, and it has zero guarantee for actually regaining your device. No, thanks.
Oh, and don't forget that $60 is only because that's the policy minimum. The actual cost for the drone's insurance is about $30 a year, and you can add other items to the PAP.

That is three years worth of State Farm insurance (two years for the dog tracker), plus the annual cost for GPS tracking is as much as State Farm's annual cost, and it has zero guarantee for actually regaining your device. No, thanks.
Oh, and don't forget that $60 is only because that's the policy minimum. The actual cost for the drone's insurance is about $30 a year, and you can add other items to the PAP.

What you just replied makes absolutely no sense at all!
Don't you think it would be more beneficial to get your drone back? Not sure about you but if you registered it, like the law says (in the USA) with your name and registration number on it, I would definitely want to find my drone. What do you mean not guaranteed you will get it back using the GPS, I have been testing and using my Trackimo for a year now and it has always performed 100% without any problems at all. If and when my DJI insurance runs out I will purchase Stare Farm also and still have my GPS attached to it. I know the Trackimo is expensive but I prefer not to lose my $1000+ Drone and not be able to retrieve the data. Besides the minute you file a claim on it, the insurance company will more than likely drop your policy and not give you another one! There is a lot more draw backs in losing or crashing your drone and just filing a insurance claim than you think! Also My actual Home Owners insurance covers my Drone under personal Items loss if it gets damaged or stolen! Or my vehicle insurance depending on where it was located at the time.

OT, but Thank You Jake for spelling Lose correctly [emoji106]

On topic, it would be the best outcome getting the Drone back, and getting insurance to cover damage [emoji6]

I put my Trackimo on top in front, seems to work just fine mounted there, I just use the included Velcro that came with the device.

is the weight of that any noticeable difference then without? of course when flying?

have you tried the Bluetooth and wifi function on it? if so how it work? what model one do you have?

yours looks to be the 2g model cause it don't say 3g on it

Last edited:
is the weight of that any noticeable difference then without? of course when flying?

have you tried the Bluetooth and wifi function on it? if so how it work? what model one do you have?

yours looks to be the 2g model cause it don't say 3g on it
No noticeable difference in weight and Bluetooth works fine once you get close to where it is at, My model is the standard model with 3g access. 2g will not work well at all, 2g is fading out! Only maybe one carrier still uses 2g.

ok good to know and yes that's what I thought about 2G

The DJI service is hopeless, DJI don't care. when i lost my drone because it became disconnected it did not return to me. The return to home button did not work. The find my drone feature was only showing me where I took off. I am so angry with the mavic 2 pro dji product. What is the point of selling drones when you can't track them by gps coordinates? Do I then have to spend another few grand to buy a new product for this to easily happen again?

All they say it is a user error and will take no responsibility for their products. They should be taken off the market until they can install an external gps tracker. How can it be a user error when the drone becomes disconnected over a few trees? The drone is set to return to home automatically when becomes disconnected, although again this feature did not work.

Don’t waste your money, wait until they make the technology better and actually works.

The DJI service is hopeless, DJI don't care. when i lost my drone because it became disconnected it did not return to me. The return to home button did not work. The find my drone feature was only showing me where I took off. I am so angry with the mavic 2 pro dji product. What is the point of selling drones when you can't track them by gps coordinates? Do I then have to spend another few grand to buy a new product for this to easily happen again?

All they say it is a user error and will take no responsibility for their products. They should be taken off the market until they can install an external gps tracker. How can it be a user error when the drone becomes disconnected over a few trees? The drone is set to return to home automatically when becomes disconnected, although again this feature did not work.

Don’t waste your money, wait until they make the technology better and actually works.

Feel free to post the log file for that flight - there is a good chance that it will show exactly what happened and why.

Reactions: JDawg

See my reply here:
Missing drone, DJI service is hopeless

here is my log. so shows take off point and where it ended. drone was not found in any of the locations. The return to home point did not work.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-12-26_[09-32-26].txt
    269.2 KB · Views: 5
Sorry for your loss... your altitude readouts are quite high.. beyond 600 feet... I don't know what the rules are in Denmark, but in the US you would be illegal. Regardless of the laws, a lot of battery was used getting to that altitude, and for a third flight I think it was way too ambitious. Hope you find it, and learn some lessons. Slow and steady is surely the way to learn to fly. Hope you find it.

I thought only part 107 fliers are limited to 400 feet, does not apply to recreational, correct?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+