DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone after 3 days..

It was never going to make it back into that wind - over 30 mph out of the SW.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

@sar104, if I may just slightly drift off topic for a sec.. (in atti mode..o_O)
If I look at the OP's flight log, then download the CSV file, open CSV Viewer, it says 'corrupt' file or similar and I cant open it.
However, take a .txt file from my device, I can see lots of data..
What am I doing wrong please?

Hey Max,
One more thing that would have assured the return of your Mavic,
You took off with 66% battery in cold weather,
Never, ever, ever, never take off with less than a fully charged battery.
If your battery was 100% at take off your drone would have landed at your feet.
Sorry buddy,
I feel for you,
Hope you find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandaloo
any tips*
Unless someone here can view the logs and crunch some numbers, only thing I could think off is walk in a straight line from your home position to the last known location. Look up at trees and roofs. If gps was still working, even as it was trying to land at critical battery, it should be in the straight line.
Unless someone has found it already, and kept it?
I think there was a lot of mistakes made this one instance. Write them down, and make sure you don’t do it again.

@sar104, if I may just slightly drift off topic for a sec.. (in atti mode..o_O)
If I look at the OP's flight log, then download the CSV file, open CSV Viewer, it says 'corrupt' file or similar and I cant open it.
However, take a .txt file from my device, I can see lots of data..
What am I doing wrong please?

There are some issues with the PhantomHelp CSV interpretation of the txt files (especially Mavic files), and it doesn't extract all the data to the CSV anyway. It's much better to download the original log file (txt) from the PhantomHelp website and then use that directly in CsvView.

There are some issues with the PhantomHelp CSV interpretation of the txt files (especially Mavic files), and it doesn't extract all the data to the CSV anyway. It's much better to download the original log file (txt) from the PhantomHelp website and then use that directly in CsvView.
Thankyou @sar104 so do I just click on the link that the OP provided, where then is the .txt? I only see a .KML, a .CSV and a log file that is gobblygook and I cant (or dont know how to..) save it?

Edit: Found it. Right click save file as! Thanks mate!

Thankyou @sar104 so do I just click on the link that the OP provided, where then is the .txt? I only see a .KML, a .CSV and a log file that is gobblygook and I cant (or dont know how to..) save it?

Edit: Found it. Right click save file as! Thanks mate!

Yes - the "log file" is the original txt log file. You just have to save it as a txt if that doesn't happen automatically.

Guys, i dont blame anyone but myself here, if that wasnt clear. of course it was stupid and i should not have got the drone at that high altitude. I just wonder if you experienced fellas have any time to get the drone back? more than the "find my drone" app, that i have already used. Now i have put up some "drone missing" posters in the area that i flew. In hope that someone have seen it and will give me a call. I've already searched around the area for several hours and talked to people. so i dont know what els i can do? any tips?
thanks guys!

I suggest you ask a local drone pilot for help. They can canvas the area quickly from above and check to see if the drone landed on someone’s roof or in a tree. Good luck

Reactions: Dizzy1971
Hey Guys,

So i've recently lost my drone after only flying it for 3 days. I've checked the gps coordinates and the spot where it lost signal. but i cant find it.

I was going to record some evening shots of the city, and when i was on my way back home with the drone, first my iphone shut off, because of the cold weather, so the gps location stoped after 19% battery on the drone. then around10% i think it autolanded. But now anywhere near the last gps coordinate obviously..=(

looked all night and 2 hours this morning, no where to be found. Do you guys think it landed on some rooftop or something? Any other tips to where to find it?

here is the flight log-picture

Hi Max, sorry for your loss, if it were me I walk the line that it was supposed to be on and if I come across a building I would see if I could ask to go to the top if it were possible to have a look. The Mavic will land anywhere if the battery is depleted. If you know anyone with a drone ask them to send their one up and have a look.

Hi guys! Thanks for all your help! My "drone wanted" papers gave results, and a guy called me and said that he found the drone. unfortunately i didnt have any luck with the condition of the drone after the impact =/ its pretty damaged as you can see =/
IMG_8160.JPG

Reactions: Brandaloo
Hey Max,

I just ran across your thread and glad to see you recovered your drone. Thankfully there are still honest people about.

If I may, I suggest you practice a few emergency landing procedures; preferably in the daylight. I had a similar experience with the wind eating up my battery upon RTH (my fault not checking wind speed) but I initiated an emergency landing procedure which included canceling RTH to gain control of the drone and emediately looked for an LZ and defended. Once at 1 meter AGL I was able to creep along the ground towards a road until the auto landing system kicked in.

I had full battery when I took off, my pilot error was not checking the weather.

A second thought is, if you don’t have DJI refresh, then the parts are redially available online. I’ve tore into my controllers (broke a few things that I had to replace) and learned quite a bit about controllers and radio waves, frequencies in the process.

Finally, as a pilot of a drone as well as having a pilots license for general aviation aircraft, I suggest we all abide by the max altitude rule. Imagine a family on a cross country flight crashing into a drone in the middle of the night in a small plane, or worst, an ultralight aircraft without a windshield.

No lessons are better than those learned the hard way. Again, I’m glad you recovered your drone. Check YouTube for repair instructions and you’ll be flying again in no time :)

Thanks alot for your long reply! Great tips and you are right that i really have to try to land manually in the future so i can avoid incidents like this. Do you have any tips on good retailers on spare parts for the mavic pro?

Reactions: gullisig
eBay is saturated. Also you can find an engineer with a 3D printer. The files for every part of the drone’s structure can be downloaded and printed. I work at a company with lots of young engineers who also fly drones. It seems to be the norm with them to own a desktop 3D printer.

Hope that helps

Thanks alot for your long reply! Great tips and you are right that i really have to try to land manually in the future so i can avoid incidents like this. Do you have any tips on good retailers on spare parts for the mavic pro?
hi max, glad your "lost drone" drop worked out.:)
try amazon they do lots of parts now
or contact thunderdrones Thunderdrones

Can you turn it on? If so you can get the dat file from the drone and it will tell what happened.

Reactions: Smecky

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu