DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro help pls

If you are giving up . Contact DJI. Tell them that you have the flight log and beg them to offer you a replacement. They may settle with you and offer a discount on a replacement.

I almost puked on my screen. He is pretty good in Blue Bloods.

I almost puked on my screen. He is pretty good in Blue Bloods.
Well you liked to spit coffee on it earlier so a little puke wont
hurt nothing. .

Get a tello and go search on the roofs from the ground or find a pilot willing to do it with similar
from a higher vantage point with a good line of sight
vantage point.jpg

Reactions: BD0G
If I get any high wind warnings I immediately switch to Sport Mode using the remote controller as I know I will need the extra power and more extreme pitch to combat the winds and bring my Mavic back.
If I get any kind of wind warnings, I simply come down due to this very worry. I am so inexperienced, I sure don't want to loose my drone.

I do.. :( Seriously I look after my drone did not went more than 200-250m distance .. than still lost connection around 500m?? So disapointed now.(The bigest problem is tomorrow will be rain..) rth not working signal lost in a second.. gps signal was fine clear weather and windi... when I look back my flight record on the map the drone just going back wards..than lost.
The worst think wil lbe "If I find it" next time I will be not confident to use it. .than after this situatin will be not hobby" fun" anymore because of this situation. Well. I go tomorrow in the rain than try to find .

Download "UAV Forecast" to your phone/tablet; fill in the "Threshold Settings" & checkout the WIND & GUSTS. I never fly if the gusts are over 15 mph. Did it once, almost lost it, never again will I be that dumb...

No matter how many times you tell him that he is to blame for losing his bird it will always be DJIs fault.

Could you point me in the direction of a thread that details how to extract and display flight information as you have shown it here, please? It's oddly fascinating to look at!

@JDawg's link will get you started, in terms of the flight data. You will need the kml file to display it in Google Earth.

Reactions: Highfield
Download "UAV Forecast" to your phone/tablet; fill in the "Threshold Settings" & checkout the WIND & GUSTS. I never fly if the gusts are over 15 mph. Did it once, almost lost it, never again will I be that dumb...

15 mph is only 13 knots. I've flown the phantom 2 and original mavic in 20-30 knots. As long as you pay attention to the battery and wind direction the drones are extremely stable and will generally always hold a pretty good stationary position.

It also might worth mentioning at this stage the drone rules in the UK:

The CAA came up with a simple summary of the rules to follow when flying drones:

There are a few fundamental rules that all drone operators are required to follow in the UK, such as keeping your drone in sight at all times, and never flying it above 400ft.

It is also forbidden to fly a drone over a congested area or within 150ft of a person, vehicle or building not under your control. Any images taken with a drone camera are also subject to privacy laws.

Don't fly near airports or airfields
Remember to stay below 400ft (120m).

Observe your drone at all times – stay 150ft (50m) away from people and property.

Never fly near aircraft.

Enjoy responsibly.

I'm sorry you lost your drone bud, hope you have better luck next time. The drone laws in the UK are both for your protection and the public. It's also good advice to read and understand the manual before taking flight.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: Pietros
ditto above

AnotherMavicPilot 's comments
Ignorance

[ed] If you want to fly in the style you did by a toy drone.
The total lack of respect to the residential properties (let alone the public) surrounding Warrior Square is unjustified.
Ignorance.jpg
Then we all know what happened next. I can only imagine the horror on your cute little face when it was being blown away.
Count yourself lucky this didn't end up worse than it did.
This is just the reason Drones are being frowned upon by the local authorities now and starting a banning of flying in green spaces.
You should do as shown as in #66 now. Being more careful and not doing so in such a selfish manner.

Reading stories about lost drones sure has made me a much better pilot. From what I read, looks like most are pilot error... Thanks to all that step up to help when mistakes are made. This place has been a valued part of my pilot education.

Reading stories about lost drones sure has made me a much better pilot. From what I read, looks like most are pilot error... Thanks to all that step up to help when mistakes are made. This place has been a valued part of my pilot education.

I agree, when it comes to the cost of the drone, it's always a good idea to learn from others mistakes.

Reactions: tleedom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb