DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mini in wind - 100% my fault!!

Your data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It appears that you were somewhat disoriented and confused during the flight.
You were impatient and launched without waiting for GPS.
It wasn't until 0:37.5 that it was able to record a home point.
This is why the home point is not where you launched from.

Your RTH height was set much too high at 193 metres and the drone climbed to the RTH height where it was exposed to a high wind.
As it climbed, it was trying to hold position but pitch and roll data shows that the drone had to fight to maintain position.
Above 80 metres, it was unable to hold position and began to be blown toward the northeast at 2.5-4 metres/sec.

You started to bring the drone lower after it reached 193 metres and got it to 183 metres when the data stops at 12:07.5, presumably because you switched off the controller (?).
You had full signal and full control up to that point except for 50 seconds after 11:09.9 when you lost the downlink for 50 seconds.

After losing signal, the drone would have continued trying to get back to the false homepoint, but because the gusty winds at height were too strong for the Mini, it will have continued blowing toward the NE at 2.5-4 m/s until the battery reached critical low voltage, when it will have autolanded.

The wind appears to have been variable in direction as well as speed, which makes it difficult to calculate a likely search area.
Burning the battery at 12.6 seconds per percent, it would have continued blowing away for approx 8 more minutes before autolanding.
A rough estimate puts it approximately 1.2 - 1.9 kilometres further to the northeast.

Hey do you think you could help me locate my drone

To Buel, uuum just out of curiosity why was the RTH height set so high?
Did you recently adjust one of the other limits?
It may have been accidental, as I found out, but I think I should point out that the legal ceiling in the UK is 400ft above the ground beneath the drone.

To Buel, uuum just out of curiosity why was the RTH height set so high?
Did you recently adjust one of the other limits?
It may have been accidental, as I found out, but I think I should point out that the legal ceiling in the UK is 400ft above the ground beneath the drone.

I don’t know why it was so high here in Canada I can’t go past 150m I guess with the conversion it comes out to that.

I’m so sorry you lost your drone [emoji26]
I hope some how you will find it and be able to fly again soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00