DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost My MAvic Mini in Manchester UK

Dem24

Reactions
Hi Guys.

I was flying my drone and lost the signal on my remote I was waiting for the drone to automatically return home but never came back.

Could be great if anyone has any idea how to find it.
Thank so much.
Record:

Daniel M.

Hi Guys.

I was flying my drone and lost the signal on my remote I was waiting for the drone to automatically return home but never came back.

Thank so much.
Record:

Daniel M.

sorry ignore my last

Hi Guys.

Thank so much.
Record:

Daniel M.

The problem here was the wind speed - variable 15 - 20 mph out of the south. The aircraft was just about able to fight it, and actually managed around 1 m/s back towards home while it was in RTH mode. After you lost signal it will have gone back into RTH, but did not have enough battery reserve to return. If it continued to manage 1m/s second towards home then its extrapolated progress would look as follows:

Battery.png

That would have put it into smart battery autoland at 900 seconds, quite close to home - 40 - 50 meters out.

1585334675333.png

The only issue with that solution is that I would have expected it to have regained its link with the RC, assuming that it was still up and running. Obviously the solution is very sensitive to the rate of progress which, unfortunately, as the difference between two much larger numbers, has considerable uncertainty. On the plus side, it should still be somewhere on the red line that connects the home point to the last recorded position. I'd search that line. Mostly large trees, unfortunately.

Aside from being locked down why would you fly so far over a built up area?

Also the high'ish wind speeds would surely make you think twice before launching? Almost an accident waiting to happen.

I invariably take mine to less populated area's or just dont fly it.

I hope you find it but maybe next time be more aware of surroundings .... its all a learning curve as Ive made enough mistakes myself so far that I have learned a lot but fortunately no loss (yet) ..

Good luck finding it...

So this would be another instance of flying outbound with a tail wind and inbound with a head wind?

I think @sar104 has given you a nice help here.

Contributing factors: flying in a windy day, starting with a reported 46% battery and canceled RTH on the way back.

Be carefull because gloves give u a sense of security but the virus likes gloves more than our hands. We can wash our hands after touching something.....the virus is very happy to be in contact with gloves and sticks to them actually better then our skin....do your best not to touch your face......stay safe...take care....
And what on earth have this to do with this BlowAway incident ... are you a Bot or a human being ?

Mostly large trees, unfortunately.

That may have been a blessing, even if it was in auto land mode and coming down nice and easy.

Good luck with any search you can do there @Dem24

Edit . . . just checked the map, my wife left Stockport with her family when she was 5, one of the many 'two pound poms' emigrating to Australia.

Try letterbox dropping those homes on Rochdale Road, and a few of those on the streets to the NW of there ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin