DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

o0motorhead0o

Reactions
Hi guys
Just thought I would share some pictures of my cheap asf tablet holder for my Mavic Air controller.
I made this from some white polypropylene I had laying around in the empire of filth from a previous project and a magnetic phone holder that refuses to stick to the dash in my work car.
I did some quick measurements and cut out a rectangle of the polyprop using my chinesium Dremel.
Marked off five sections. Chucked it in the vice and hit it with the heat gun on full solar flare mode. Quickly bent each section to form the raised perch for the magnetic phone holder.
Threw it in some cold water to set the polyprop.
Put it in the controller only to realise it's to big in length and width...back to the Dremel... perfect fit after some fancy cuts.
Knocked all the edges off and hit it with some plastidip (stinks like a mada chod!) Looks brofesional asf!
Took the bird for a fly and very happy with the results.
Sometimes it's not only when I'm alone in the dark that I do some of my best work...just sometimes it's in the light of day

So come on guys show us your homebrew solutions to the overpriced tablet holders.
IMG_20190316_181929286_HDR.jpgIMG_20190316_191430443_HDR.jpgIMG_20190316_181949239_HDR.jpgIMG_20190316_191504707_HDR.jpg

Frigging phone is having a hernia trying to upload photos.
Here are a couple more. One of the finished product and one of the polypropylene that I used.
IMG_20190316_185729509_HDR.jpgIMG_20190316_184619910_HDR~2.jpg

How does it hold the tablet? I don't see clamps, which I'm glad for. Do you use an adhesive, or magnets?

Hi Clackey

How does it hold the tablet? I don't see clamps, which I'm glad for. Do you use an adhesive, or magnets?
Hi Clackey
The black square with the chrome ring is a rubber coated magnet. The tablet has a small square of steel stuck to the back of it. It honestly sticks like sh#t to a blanket!

Have you tested the mount in the field yet? I am a bit concerned about the magnet. It can mess up the craft compass when stored together close by, and make the compass calibration in the field impossible while holding the remote in one hand and the craft in another during the calibration.

Have you tested the mount in the field yet? I am a bit concerned about the magnet. It can mess up the craft compass when stored together close by, and make the compass calibration in the field impossible while holding the remote in one hand and the craft in another during the calibration.
I usually put my controller down while doing a calibration but have not had any issues with interference. I don't have any other mount for my tablet so I use this all the time and have been more than happy with it.

I usually put my controller down while doing a calibration but have not had any issues with interference. I don't have any other mount for my tablet so I use this all the time and have been more than happy with it.
Hi, so I'm wondering if after a year you have any issues with this phone holder setup, on account of the big magnet? I dreamed up exactly the same kind of thing and asked a Facebook group of they thought the magnet so close to the controller could cause any problems and a couple people said don't do it because there are magnetic "Hall sensors" under the sticks. So how's it held up?

Hi, so I'm wondering if after a year you have any issues with this phone holder setup, on account of the big magnet? I dreamed up exactly the same kind of thing and asked a Facebook group of they thought the magnet so close to the controller could cause any problems and a couple people said don't do it because there are magnetic "Hall sensors" under the sticks. So how's it held up?
Absolutely no issues, still works great

Yeah absolutely no issues, still works a treat!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder