DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P, swollen, bloated, puffy, bulging, falling brick from the sky, drop dead out of the sky

HBRSNTD

Reactions
Site
www.aschaffenburg.de

After 4:58 flight time M2P signaled disconnected; afterward found this​

20210426_135705_cr.jpg

On the road, battery missing. Battery found 3 days later 25m away in the field.

Wrote the repair center what happened; they ignored it and charged full cost for repair. This motivated me to demonstrate that it is possible to capture how the battery disconnects from the chassis. Video link:
shows the last seconds of flight on the test I ran and you´ll see what happens. Another clip shows the fall-down from another angle. It was the 11th attempt with this battery to reproduce the fall. During that time I didn’t notice any reduced capacity of the battery and it took more than 15 min to see visible bulging on the battery.

Yes this is a great example of the Known issue with the Batteries swelling up and disconnecting.

Its also one of the Reasons why we recommend the Wet Suit so as to lock that Battery In with an Air Tight Seal every time you fly giving you ample opportunity to see if the battery swelled up.

We have also found that the Power Button being Compromised is the leading cause of the battery not to discharge causing the Battery to start to swell as well as other factors.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Protect your Batteries.

ts also one of the Reasons why we recommend the Wet Suit so as to lock that Battery In with an Air Tight Seal every time you fly giving you ample opportunity to see if the battery swelled up.
I like your products but this is a stretch.... It undermines your credibility to jump in on this post with what amounts to a product advertiusement.

HBRSNTD thank you for this video. I hope you post it to the official DJI board as well where they will have to face their refusal to warranty directly..... and maybe get embarrassed in the process.

Last edited:
I like your products but this is a stretch.... It undermines your credibility to jump in on this post with what amounts to a product advertisement.
So if you own the Product than you know how the Battery Covers work and if there sealed they can not break open.
So there is no stretch and you wont find any Wet Suit clients having a disconnected battery. .on the forum. Not happening.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Used to use the bungee to strap the battery in, but it was sometimes covering the sensor and slid.
I use the wetsuit and when the battery is sealed , i can barely break it open . The bungee cord had some give so I am confident that the Wet Suit will keep the battery in place so i can replace it with a new one.

So if you own the Product than you know how the Battery Covers work and if there sealed they can not break open.
So there is no stretch and you wont find any clients having a disconnected battery. .on the forum. Not happening.
I am quite familiar with your product.... please enlighten us with how your cover keeps the battery from disconnecting as that is not what you said in your original post.... your initial post said it would give ample time to see swelling.

@HBRSNTD thanks for taking the time to visually document the 'battery issue' and for sharing it. I personally cannot see how a piece of superfluous Neoprene strapped to the drone is going to resolve what seems to be a by now obvious design fault on the part of DJI, much like pliers and a piece of barbed wire fence is not going to resolve a glaringly obvious design fault on a high-end supercar. I sincerely hope DJI soon resolve this, since even if they willingly compensate for every drone falling from the sky battery-less, us consumers end up paying for it in the long run. ...and I for now only fly a Mini which does not even use LiPo technology :)

GOOD LUCK WITH CARE REFRESH they repaired a spark for me once , after that they didn,t help me at all i don,t bother with the insurance , i just save up for any mishap's I,ve got a pro battery rest home here in a shoe box, ol sparky used to out run it,s battrery in sport mode lol

Reactions: Droniac
I am quite familiar with your product.... please enlighten us with how your cover keeps the battery from disconnecting as that is not what you said in your original post.... your initial post said it would give ample time to see swelling.
Go to his website and watch his wetsuit video. The wetsuit creates close to an air tight seal around the whole battery and it's compartment. It's got some sort of permanent sticky material on it's inner side. The battery has to be rocked back and forth to break the air tight seal. Battery swelling certainly won't break the seal. I watched the video. The battery isn't popping out with this guys product on. But you won't see me buying it. I have too many other attachments on my drone that the wet suit would interfere with.

GOOD LUCK WITH CARE REFRESH they repaired a spark for me once , after that they didn,t help me at all i don,t bother with the insurance , i just save up for any mishap's I,ve got a pro battery rest home here in a shoe box, ol sparky used to out run it,s battrery in sport mode lol
I've used my care refresh on the Mav2Pro once and MavAir2 twice. I got my new one's back in less than 2 weeks, no questions asked.

I have used stripes of Gorilla Tape to deal with this issue. I have never felt the Mavic 2 Pro batteries have fit well in the drone. The tape works well in holding the battery in place however it is another step before getting in the drone in the air.

HBRSNTD thank you for this video. I hope you post it to the official DJI board as well where they will have to face their refusal to warranty directly..... and maybe get embarrassed in the process.

Hi Saladshooter,
there are an endless number of complaints out (eg.: the search for “Mavic 2 Pro batteries bulging” Google returns 98,000 search results) the manufacturer knows very well the actual status but refuses to act. My aim is to get as much as possible users first to know what the facts are and then create a (critical) mass that will be able to push the issue. In Europe there is a quite strong "european union consumer protection law", this would be were we user will have to grab.

After losing my pro2 the same way I now use a cable tire it's on all the time because the body is slightly tapered so by sliding it to back I can replace the battery them slide it forward it tighten up and it does not interfere with anything it work for me and good insurance.
Hi Mavricbird,
your suggestion is what I also learned. I started Oct. 2016 with PH4, Mai 2019 with M2P, never had any thought on loosing the battery, it was a shock for me and I lost my faith in flying a copter. The use of a cable tire allows me now to continue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98