DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P & Syncing Queries

Oneball 1971

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Have searched but not found the answer directly to the issues.

My work colleague has the same drone as me (M2P) and decided to buy himself some DJI white goggles on Saturday. He registered & updated the goggles with DJI assistant etc. He then synced the goggles to the aircraft and they worked, visually, head tracking etc.

Now EVERYTIME he turns on the remote control, aircraft & goggles he has to link both the remote and the goggles to the aircraft like it's the first flight out of the box. I and he would of thought that once all linked, you could turn on the remote, aircraft & goggles and they would automatically find each other and be ready to go instead of going through the whole linking process everytime.

What are we missing here guys.

You are correct in assuming they should connect the second time after pairing the first time. i have the white goggles and a M2P and I was connecting fine for a least a dozen times until recently when it wouldn’t connect without pairing again. I was trying some new things at the time involving waypoints on GO 4 and then Litchi so I don’t know if it’s related. I have used them after this and they connected fine. It’s a mystery for now until I can try some experiments with different combinations.

What app and display device are you using? I also wonder if there is a turn on sequence issue but still have to check this.

You are correct in assuming they should connect the second time after pairing the first time. i have the white goggles and a M2P and I was connecting fine for a least a dozen times until recently when it wouldn’t connect without pairing again. I was trying some new things at the time involving waypoints on GO 4 and then Litchi so I don’t know if it’s related. I have used them after this and they connected fine. It’s a mystery for now until I can try some experiments with different combinations.

What app and display device are you using? I also wonder if there is a turn on sequence issue but still have to check this.

Thanks for replying. I know he is using DJI Go but dont know what version and I know he uses the ipad. I will confirm tomorrow and post back here.

It just seems ridiculous that you have to bind everything everytime you turn it all on. Before purchasing the goggles the remote locked onto the aircraft automatically. Since bringing the goggles into the mix, even the remote wont automatically link to aircraft like it did before, even if you leave the goggles switched off.

I will get back to you regarding which app and ipad version.

Thanks for replying. I know he is using DJI Go but dont know what version and I know he uses the ipad. I will confirm tomorrow and post back here.

It just seems ridiculous that you have to bind everything everytime you turn it all on. Before purchasing the goggles the remote locked onto the aircraft automatically. Since bringing the goggles into the mix, even the remote wont automatically link to aircraft like it did before, even if you leave the goggles switched off.

I will get back to you regarding which app and ipad version.
Well, I tried different turn-on sequences and they all seemed to work. I also tried turning them on with Litchi running and they worked fine. Strangely, at some point in this process my gimbal stopped functioning with or without the goggles power up. After I reset everything, all is good. Don’t know if this had anything to do wIth the goggles but I cant be sure and I can’t reproduce the issue. Bottom line is the goggles seem to have some quirks but I cannot figure out how and why they happen.

Your issue of constantly having to re-pair is not normal but right now I don’t have any good answers. It may not matter what device you are using because the goggles connect directly to the aircraft so should not make a difference.

You might want to have a chat with DJI and see what they say.

Update on the above. My work colleague is using DJIGo4 app and an iPad 2 mini.

Last night he plugged his controller into DJI Assistant and refreshed the latest firmware but it only got to 99% and then timed out. Since then DJI Assistance doesnt recognise his controller.

I took my original controller into work today for him to try as I use the smart controller. He plugged that into DJI Assistant using the same cables etc. It immediately recognised my controller was plugged in, completed an update to the latest firmware. He then linked it to his aircraft successfully and it linked again automatically after switching off and on again.

So, is his controller bricked? is there a way of "Factory resetting" his controller using DJIGo4 app? bearing in mind DJI Assistant doesnt recognise the controller anymore?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Update on the above. My work colleague is using DJIGo4 app and an iPad 2 mini.

Last night he plugged his controller into DJI Assistant and refreshed the latest firmware but it only got to 99% and then timed out. Since then DJI Assistance doesnt recognise his controller.

I took my original controller into work today for him to try as I use the smart controller. He plugged that into DJI Assistant using the same cables etc. It immediately recognised my controller was plugged in, completed an update to the latest firmware. He then linked it to his aircraft successfully and it linked again automatically after switching off and on again.

So, is his controller bricked? is there a way of "Factory resetting" his controller using DJIGo4 app? bearing in mind DJI Assistant doesnt recognise the controller anymore?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

I found this thread that might help. BTW, this may not be related to the goggles connection issue since the goggles connect directly to the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1