DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Real range in Europe CE mode.

Nostris

Reactions
OK, so after all this time, and with a good few people flying the MA2 in Europe, what is the real range you are getting in CE mode? In not interested in the hacked FCC mode, only the CE mode.

I have done a 3km flight with tree trops blocking the signal, i'm very pleased.

I have made a range test in open and upopulated area and achieved about 6 km.
How did you achieve this? Yes open area, but was it perfectly flat, what altitude etc. I only got around 2km in a pretty unpopulated area.

It is a transmission mode that it is used in US and some other countries.
In Europe is 6 km.
I read that you can somewhere download hacked DJI fly app so you unlock 10km range is it true?
It is true but you have to pay it but i do not trust it.

I read that you can somewhere download hacked DJI fly app so you unlock 10km range is it true?
The benefit with the FCC mode is that you have stronger signal especially in urban enviroment.
I have got a hacked Mavic Pro and the signal was very good.

It is a transmission mode that it is used in US and some other countries.
In Europe is 6 km.
That's funny when I reached 7.5km I had no issues with the connection at all in CE mode 50 meters height I just turned back because of battery and landed at 1%.

That's funny when I reached 7.5km I had no issues with the connection at all in CE mode 50 meters height I just turned back because of battery and landed at 1%.
In 6 km i had one bar of signal but i returned fearing of the wind and land it with 25% battery.

A friend of mine sent me this.
I have not do that because i do not trust it.

In a nutshell, DJI drones operate under two major sets of regulations: FCC (for US, Canada and a few other places) and CE (for Europe and most other places). Because CE regs are much stricter, the drone needs to turn its radios way down (from an FCC allowed noise of 30dB all the way down to 19dB for CE, which is a huge difference given it’s a logarithmic scale). For the Air 2 for instance, this drops the total range from 10km to 6km and offers much less stability at close distances when going behind obstacles like trees or houses. The 5.8Ghz band (mostly used in urban environments) is even more limited than the difference in max range (obtained in 2.4Ghz) would suggest. This app tricks the drone into thinking the current country is under FCC regulations, thus allowing it to turn its radios to full power.

The app can be installed on one iDevice, with free updates for 12 months. Updates will be released about a week after DJI release their update, provided they don’t make some drastic changes with the purpose of stopping this mod.

Once your UDID has been registered, it cannot be changed, Apple doesn’t allow it. So make sure you are sending the UDID of the device you’ll be using when flying. You can get the UDID from iTunes (Finding your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad unique ID (UDID)) or by accessing this website directly from your phone: Get UDID or IMEI in one tap. Find UDID of iPhone or iPad. (tutorial -
)
It is guaranteed that the current version of the app (v1.2.2) will switch the drone into FCC mode on the current firmware, I cannot be sure what will happen on future firmware updates so you will be performing these updates on your own risk (although unlikely, FCC mod could be lost on such a firmware update).

The app is guaranteed to work on iOS 12, 13 & 14, I don’t have enough devices to test iOS versions older than that. If you are using it on something older than that, you are doing it on your own risk.

If you are OK with all of this, send €20 through PayPal to [email protected] (if you choose to enable Paypal Protection, please make sure to cover the commission, it’s about €2). Add your Facebook name in the payment details so I can tell who sent the money and your email address where to send the install link.

After the payment is confirmed, in a few hours you will get an email with the link that you can access on your phone and that will install the app directly.
Why not trust ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr