DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mac Death and the Consequence

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
Well, even Mac Books sometimes decide to enter the Everlasting Digital World. Mine did it friday night. It was a sudden death and, for the Mac itself, painless. For me, it was no fun at all, but I am recovering with a brand new Macbook Air (not the newest version, I admit).
But the change has brought a big improvement: Now I can use Assistant and, more important, I am able to get the videodata direct from the Mavic. My old Macbook (may Steve Jobs have mercy on it's processors) did not like the USB connection but the new one does so...
Looking forward to an exciting year of flying and filming. If the weather holds up next weekend, I will do some tests using Litchi. My intend is to make the same flight several times with different video settings (4K, 2K, HD etc) and then compare the results, maybe put them in a video for those here who are interested.

Reactions: Starz
Hope you did not lose any data! I was a Mac convert almost two years ago. How long did the MacBook last you?

After a major crash a few years ago, I have the tendency to connect to an external disk every day. Back from work. get a coffee, sit down, start the computer and connect it to the backup disk. While reading my mail, timemachine does it's job. So no data really lost.
Right now, I have the harddisk from the book in an external unit, getting some setups and so and then I'm fine.
My macbook was with me for almost 8 years, yo no reason to complain :)

Where do you find the PDF for the Assistant. I couldn't seem to nail down the complete instruction set. I tried to get it from DJI as opposed to 3 party. Sorry to hear about the old girl. That's a long time for a computer to go, our second one last 7 or 8 years as well.

What PDF for Assistant? I downloaded it, installed it, started it and was done.

I have a smallish external HDD permanently plugged into my Mac Mini so that TimeMachine can do it's thing automagically. It's worked flawlessly so far. ?

Mine's a mid 2012 retina MBP. It's still going strong thanks to iFixit. New 3rd party battery, new 3rd party keyboard, got the SD card reader working again by cleaning it. If you're 'handy' you might be able to fix it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98