DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mag Interference due to crash?

Punkychops

Reactions
Hi...I just bought a 2nd hand mavic pro...I keep getting mag interference check app.
Now the previous owner probably sold me the drone because he crashed it and had errors and cosmetic defects he couldn't deal with...the bird still flys and after I got the vibration control board fixed...the footage is good.

Problem now is that it still has the mag interference issue and I'm worrying that the bird might disappear on me during flight.
I'm wondering also if the dent on the back of the drone is causing this. I've attached a picture of the dent. Perhaps you guys have a solution for me.

Attachments

• 20180213_134507.png
    20180213_134507.png
    1 MB · Views: 47
Due both compass's show up as connected when you check with the DJI Go app?

I'm guessing yes because of crash, reason I think is I crashed today and broke all props, replaced and flew fine. Then I decided to calibrate Imu, but every time I start bird mag interference, if I unfold front arms mag interference goes away, so I've done something. Does fly fine and no interference when arms are out, but can't calibrate imu. Hope you get a answer because I think it will help me too.

Are you sure that you are not starting up in a magnetically distorted location? How do the compass mod figures look, and is the drone heading on the map correct?
it is perfectly alright...RTH lands very close to the exact location it took off... like 1/2 a feet or so...how do we see compass mod figures

it is perfectly alright...RTH lands very close to the exact location it took off... like 1/2 a feet or so...how do we see compass mod figures

I wasn't referring to RTH accuracy - just whether the aircraft icon is pointing in the correct direction on the map (prior to take off) relative to the actual orientation of the aircraft on the ground.

You can see individual indicators of compass interference in the advanced settings section of the Go app, or you can see the mod values themselves in the DJI Assistant software.

I wasn't referring to RTH accuracy - just whether the aircraft icon is pointing in the correct direction on the map (prior to take off) relative to the actual orientation of the aircraft on the ground.

You can see individual indicators of compass interference in the advanced settings section of the Go app, or you can see the mod values themselves in the DJI Assistant software.
Alright will check it out tomorrow...

I'm guessing yes because of crash, reason I think is I crashed today and broke all props, replaced and flew fine. Then I decided to calibrate Imu, but every time I start bird mag interference, if I unfold front arms mag interference goes away, so I've done something. Does fly fine and no interference when arms are out, but can't calibrate imu. Hope you get a answer because I think it will help me too.
I'm not exactly having the same issues...but I also cant do IMU calibrations as well

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes