DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soulenoyd

Reactions
So i've had my Mavic since around July/August 2017. Not long right? It's been through a TON of firmware upgrades and in fact out of the box needed an upgrade and kept giving warnings that it had "Inconsistent firmware" even after multiple passes. It crashed in an unstoppable flyaway, breaking the arm. So I paid 80$ and have been flying ever since. Now yesterday I was at a calm spot in LA. I turned it on and it immediately flew side ways in a semi-circle and crashed into the wall popping a prop off and snapping the gimbal. Nothing I pressed could stop it.

The gimbal was hot as was I and what can be done? So i wrapped her up and took home. However I remember, right when I turned it on it showed that DJI was downloading some type of package. I'd never seen this screen. I can't remember the exact phrasing but it was unusual. Some type of package download on the DJI GO splash screen. Wish I could've gotten a screenshot. It put up a red flag but what to do? Then it lost connection but this is normal so I figured it was all in the ballpark. Is it possible it was hacked with a malicious bot? Some type of program to collect data that also change the AI settings?
I haven't flow for a few days. I usually fly once a day to keep in good standing with the FPV gods. I don't feel I should have to pay for this. It's my 2nd DJI refresh which pretty much means that's it, one last the oasis before water in the desert is but a mirage. I love this drone and also have tiny whoops, micros and mini racers but this thing got me incredible footage and a fun stable flying experience. Any recommendations? Fix it myself?
jKHnmG

dbV7mG

jKHnmG

It's been through a TON of firmware upgrades and in fact out of the box needed an upgrade and kept giving warnings that it had "Inconsistent firmware" even after multiple passes.
When you update firmware, make sure you update all your batteries and the controller, too. I get the "inconsistent firmware" notification when I try to fly with batteries that haven't been updated.

However I remember, right when I turned it on it showed that DJI was downloading some type of package. I'd never seen this screen. I can't remember the exact phrasing but it was unusual. Some type of package download on the DJI GO splash screen.
jKHnmG
Sounds like a database update for the GEO "fly-safe" system of flight-restricted areas.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405