DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Stealth propellers causing serious vibrating on M2P

Newbie Flyer

Reactions
I've had the MAS Stealth propellers (orange) for my M2P for a few weeks now, but just tried them indoors for the first time and immediately noticed the gimbal vibrating badly. I took them off and put back the DJI props and no vibration whatsoever. I will not use these in flight - I just don't trust them. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments regarding MAS's return policy. Thanks!

Reactions: charliej
They have been very reasonable , the problem is they are not communicating , or taking calls so that adds another
very frustrating situation. My Second Pair they sent out have been on point so far. I made the mistake of sending the first ones back but I wanted to check to see if the Props were the same length on all 4 Props. Can you check yours ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on water.

Reactions: Newbie Flyer
I bought two set for my Mavic 2 Pro when they were released. When they arrived, I planned to do a noise test between them and the stock props, but I didn't get that far. The first set caused the copter to twitch and wander around in hover like it never had, as did the second set. With stock props, all returned to normal. In fairness to MAS though, I have my EXP, Sensitivity, and Gain settings muted down a fair bit on my M2P, and it may be that their props are designed and calibrated for default settings. If I recall correctly, their Mavic Pro props initially resulted in a lot of complaints regarding erratic behaviour, and then MAS released recommenced Gain setting to solve the problem, so there may be something to my theory. Either way, I tossed them in the can and will only use stock props now on all of my copters.

Last edited:
I've had the MAS Stealth propellers (orange) for my M2P for a few weeks now, but just tried them indoors for the first time and immediately noticed the gimbal vibrating badly. I took them off and put back the DJI props and no vibration whatsoever. I will not use these in flight - I just don't trust them. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments regarding MAS's return policy. Thanks!
Hi.....I also was looking at the Master Air Screw Stealth props but were not sure if they were of the proper configuration to screw onto the Mavic Air 2, meaning....Does MAS props adhere to the DJI standards?.
I would have liked to try them to see if they are as Quiet as advertised. The Mavic Mini-2 props are a
little to Noisy. Did you find them a bit more quiet outdoors than the DJI Mini-2 props?.

They have been very reasonable , the problem is they are not communicating , or taking calls so that adds another
very frustrating situation. My Second Pair they sent out have been on point so far. I made the mistake of sending the first ones back but I wanted to check to see if the Props were the same length on all 4 Props. Can you check yours ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on water.
I measured the blades and they are all the same length, and the finishing seems good, too. I don't have visible defects like others are reporting, so I can only think that they are not balanced correctly. Anyway, I've heard such good things about Master Airscrew that I did not hesitate to get these. But it seems as of late there a a lot of complaints on YouTube (I only noticed this AFTER I witnessed the vibrations), so I'm wondering if it's a recent quality control issue -- perhaps it has something to do with the pandemic??

Hi.....I also was looking at the Master Air Screw Stealth props but were not sure if they were of the proper configuration to screw onto the Mavic Air 2, meaning....Does MAS props adhere to the DJI standards?.
I would have liked to try them to see if they are as Quiet as advertised. The Mavic Mini-2 props are a
little to Noisy. Did you find them a bit more quiet outdoors than the DJI Mini-2 props?.
I wouldn't necessarily say they are more quiet, but they do have a lower pitch which makes them sound better - in my opinion. I bought them for that reason, and because the orange would be more visible in the air. But the vibration issue they cause is unacceptable to me. I'm not an engineer, but over time I would think this would reduce the life of the brushless motors.

Reactions: charliej
How freely do the individual blades swing about their pivots?
I ask because I notice with new DJI props they sometimes cause vibration until the drone is throttled up, Presumably because there isn't enough centrifugal force to 'throw' the props out into the correct position at idle speed.
As a consequence of this I generally open the props out manually and try to obtain symmetry before I start the motors, even if the final position is not correct this is better than starting the motors with the props in storage position etc..

How freely do the individual blades swing about their pivots?
I ask because I notice with new DJI props they sometimes cause vibration until the drone is throttled up, Presumably because there isn't enough centrifugal force to 'throw' the props out into the correct position at idle speed.
As a consequence of this I generally open the props out manually and try to obtain symmetry before I start the motors, even if the final position is not correct this is better than starting the motors with the props in storage position etc..
I saw this mentioned here or on YouTube and I think you might be on to something. They definitely take more effort to unfold than the DJI blades. But it was still vibrating while hovering, and I absolutely opened them pre-flight. But I did not throttle up to flying speed so I don't know.

This problem they are having is widespread and the Phantom 4 Pilots are having issues with the Props causing the Drones to flip over on take off.

They also are talking about the Props not coming up . MS have there hands full with this problem. I have not had any issues while flying in the house or in extreme winds thus far.

I wonder if the Prop Covers from the Wet Suit are making it Easier to Pop up , i have some testing to do.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain/Snow

If it is vibrating in flight then that is not so good.
Have you touched the underside of the individual motor mounts whilst the drone is hovering to see if you can determine if the vibration is coming from all the props or perhaps just one etc.?
I would be inclined to swing each prop about its pivot and through its entire movement arc a few dozen times and see if it loosens up.
I believe it may be possible to statically balance these props but they would need very careful positioning at the start. Plus, if they are to be mounted on a horizontal shaft, the blades would need to be stiff enough on their individual pivots to NOT pivot under their own weight.
When I tried some after market props I actually did them one motor at a time in indoor hover tests. Some may think that daft but I had faith that the control system could cope with differing lifts and it seemed to. I also swapped the props with their diagonal 'twin'.
In the end, though I could not fault the aftermarket props, I reverted to DJI props simply so as to not have any niggling concerns at the back of my mind.
Noise isn't a concern for me as I am deaf.

Last edited by a moderator:
At first blush the MAS propellers seem cool. But this is not the first thread that I've seen citing manufacturing or performance issues. I'd love to have a fancy looking set of orange props, but until I'm convinced that their quality control is 100% I'm not chancing my $1500 bird on something that might not fly right. While DJI props could very well have issues, for now I think they're the only game in town as we're not hearing any of these types of stories.

Ahhh I think this is a thread I have been looking for

its a real shame that Master Airscrew are having such a hard time supplying the type of quality product, that used to be their most redeeming feature i have a set of their orange stealth props for my MPP which i have had for nearly two years and the quality and finish are brilliant ,when i put them on my MPP it flies just the same as the original DJI ones, no vibrations or need to change any gain settings ,i got them on the recommendation of a fellow forum member and have to say they are fine

It was the Mavic Air that had the issues with their props, and here is the info on that. I only post this because it would seem their props - at least in this case - are sensitive to certain settings.

I wouldn't necessarily say they are more quiet, but they do have a lower pitch which makes them sound better - in my opinion. I bought them for that reason, and because the orange would be more visible in the air. But the vibration issue they cause is unacceptable to me. I'm not an engineer, but over time I would think this would reduce the life of the brushless motors.
Yes.....if those props "wobble" the brushless motors are going to get messed up and that leads to $$.
I did not search the DJI Home page to see if they are selling props that are a bit Quieter. The only reason I would like a quieter prop is for getting overhead on the Cranes in Wilcox. My current DJI Mini-2 props did scare the Cranes up and they took flight and I was more than 30ft away.
I have the DJI Mavic Air 2 back home and I'm not looking to quiet those props down any. Thanks for your feed back on this subject.
On another subject my DJI Mini-2 has been corrupting my 64GB Extreme SD Cards I'm on my 3rd one.
It will write a file to the SD Card say 3.4GB and also write JPG photos. I go back home and pop the
SD Card into my Micro card reader and plug it in to the Laptop...and the File is nothing but Milky, no color
no visual but the photos are fine. The next time I go out using the same 64GB Extreme SD Card and the
Mavic Mini-2 will not Connect to the Controller. Take out the SD Card..Pop in another brand new one and
it Connects like its supposed to. I format the 64GB Sdcard and put back in the Mini-2...it won't connect.
I'm on my 3rd 64GB Kingston Micro SD Card Extreme. When the **** SD card gets corrupted I cannot for the life of me bring it back to life,,, I have to Order another one. I think I will start looking into
the 32GB Kingston Extreme Micro SD Card. The Mini-2 does have a problem with the SD-Card and the problem comes and Goes. But once the File on the 64GB gets corrupted its Game over for the SD-Card.

On another subject my DJI Mini-2 has been corrupting my 64GB Extreme SD Cards I'm on my 3rd one...
Hello. It’s probably preferred that you start a new thread in the appropriate discussion category when changing subjects/topics. You’ll want to post in the Mini 2 Help section.

I purchased the orange ones early January. Tried them few weeks later and noticed a slight vibration. Most likely due to them being out of balance with the extra flashing still on the blades. I contacted AirScrew via their contact form with my order number and they responded in a couple days and sent me a brand new pair at no charge. Didn't even have to return the old ones (which I may try to balance). New ones have been tried yet, but there is no flashing and they look better. They do stand behind their products. I'm assuming the Covid BS is why they are slow in responding back in January.

I haven't had any complaints with the two sets of MA props that I have for my Air1. I can't hear the noise difference at full power because so much depends on wind direction as to what you hear and I sure wouldn't operate at full power around my neighbors. I also wouldn't fly in my house with either type of prop on the 1.
Since you're going to actually need two sets of props if your thinking of changing over, they seem to be a poor value at this time. I hope MA can resolve the problem. Just sending a new set makes me wonder why they were careless enough to send the first set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1