DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 CE/FCC specs

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Mavic 2, in the specs, (unless i missed it) doesnt seem to have a clear CE/FCC distances listed

It just says Mavic 2 can fly for 18km

Does anyone here know if there are listed wattages/and distance for CE and FCC modes for Mavic 2?

With MP. *CE was 4.5 km or (0.15W) and FCC was 7km (0.4W).

*Im guessing theres not like a Geofence with either mode on mavic 2, CE is just weaker and FCC stronger, correct?

That's the distance the aircraft can travel on one battery, nothing to do with transmission - that's in the relevant spec sections.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
That's the distance the aircraft can travel on one battery, nothing to do with transmission - that's in the relevant spec sections.

Thanks for clearing that up. Can you point me in the right direction?

Literally on the right of figure you mentioned for the distance and a few lines below for the power...

You can’t have been on the official DJI website.

What were you looking at?

What you can’t have been looking at looks like this.........

B379B810-32C3-41CB-BD06-097B3B816677.jpegB379B810-32C3-41CB-BD06-097B3B816677.jpeg

You can’t have been on the official DJI website.

What were you looking at?

What you can’t have been looking at looks like this.........

View attachment 78721View attachment 78721

Thanks. I scanned that page, saw the dB (i was focused on wattage). But i missed the Distances listed so yeh Ta.
I always wondered if the maximum distances (5000m for CE) are geofenced literally, like altitude or they are just
and approximation of how far you can hope to get with a CE signal?

As If you put a booster into the equation, even CE is going to break 5000m easily

Thanks. I scanned that page, saw the dB (i was focused on wattage). But i missed the Distances listed so yeh Ta.
I always wondered if the maximum distances (5000m for CE) are geofenced literally, like altitude or they are just
and approximation of how far you can hope to get with a CE signal?

As If you put a booster into the equation, even CE is going to break 5000m easily
Well if you put a booster on it then it’s not CE any more.

CE and fcc are just power levels. FCC=26 dbm=.4 Watts CE =20 dbm=.1 Watts

Add a 4 watt amp and now you’ve got 36 dbm.

Antenna gain also plays a part here. You can get more distance without increasing the power by concentrating the RF output into a tighter beam but you then have to point the antenna to get any sing along at all

I use NLD boosted 1.8 watts and it goes way way father than I would want to go and the signal is so much better with no drop outs, i was CE then NLD to FCC and now NLD 1.8 watts

Well if you put a booster on it then it’s not CE any more.

CE and fcc are just power levels. FCC=26 dbm=.4 Watts CE =20 dbm=.1 Watts

Add a 4 watt amp and now you’ve got 36 dbm.

Antenna gain also plays a part here. You can get more distance without increasing the power by concentrating the RF output into a tighter beam but you then have to point the antenna to get any sing along at all

Brett883 my on an off m8.
I usually pummle Brett with dumb Q's in 'start a conversation' as he is too nice
to ignore me.
I see you finally ditched the generic B avatar too :)

Re the question. Well it's not CE signal strength anymore obviously.

That's why I am interested if with Mavic 1 or 2, if DJI Go knows your in CE mode;
Do you hit a proverbial wall at 5000m?
(Even if you have 4-5 bars because you are using a 4w booster)

I use NLD boosted 1.8 watts and it goes way way father than I would want to go and the signal is so much better with no drop outs, i was CE then NLD to FCC and now NLD 1.8 watts

Can you do this with NLD boost and stock controller?
The difference between any pre and post boosting is night and day.
Imagine boosting 1.8W x 4W. FCC is more than enough, but you get an idea

Last edited:
Brett883 my on an off m8.
I usually pummle Brett with dumb Q's in 'start a conversation' as he is too nice
to ignore me.
I see you finally ditched the generic B avatar too :)

Re the question. Well it's not CE signal strength anymore obviously.

That's why I am interested if with Mavic 1 or 2, if DJI Go knows your in CE mode;
Do you hit a proverbial wall at 5000m?
(Even if you have 4-5 bars because you are using a 4w booster)
That would make no sense. The CE performance is limited by DJI being required to meet the RF equipment performance standards prescribed by CE (max EIRP). CE doesn’t include max distance limits. Your on the wrong tangent here.

That would make no sense. The CE performance is limited by DJI being required to meet the RF equipment performance standards prescribed by CE (max EIRP). CE doesn’t include max distance limits. Your on the wrong tangent here.

I get that Brett Truly, but i thought they might still enforce a geofence similar to a NFZ, in case someone
tried to breach the designed limitation.

Tell me so were crystal though..
Is the signal limited to low power in CE regions because:

A - The want to limit the distance any one drone pilot can travel? (stingy gummint)
B - Because a stronger signal in certain areas interferes with "other" radio/tv/phone Signals
and is limited for this reason
C - All the above

Its got absolutely NOTHING to do with drones or distances.
The CE stamp on the box means the power output meets certain constraints.
You will find the same limitations if you bought a walki-talki from argos.

I get that Brett Truly, but i thought they might still enforce a geofence similar to a NFZ, in case someone
tried to breach the designed limitation.

Tell me so were crystal though..
Is the signal limited to low power in CE regions because:

A - The want to limit the distance any one drone pilot can travel? (stingy gummint)
B - Because a stronger signal in certain areas interferes with "other" radio/tv/phone Signals
and is limited for this reason
C - All the above

Just for the record that wasn’t me who said that quote you are quoting but I think you think there’s some kinda of software distance limitation but that’s only if you choose to enable it. By default there is no software distance limitation and you’d have to set that max distance if you want it to hit the “proverbial wall.”

Like I said before CE mode is a power limitation not a distance limitation. The specs for distance from DJI are just theoretical distances with said power as RF signals fade over distance.

I didn’t ever realize we were ever “off” mates?

EF3F7A1F-6FD2-42CE-BA63-B41F23E3D11B.gif

We werent m8.
Dirk banned me for a time, remember. I was here in spirit though ?

But No seriously I went on Forum sabbatical.
I got a ridiculous ammount of work and stuff done.
Went outside and fed the ducks and ****

But now im back here, an addict, no filter between my brain and keyboard
typing stuff my neighbours and enemies use against me, but it's cheaper than
actual therapy, so were solid ✌

We werent m8.
Dirk banned me for a time, remember. I was here in spirit though ?

But No seriously I went on Forum sabbatical.
I got a ridiculous ammount of work and stuff done.
Went outside and fed the ducks and ****

But now im back here, an addict, no filter between my brain and keyboard
typing stuff my neighbours and enemies use against me, but it's cheaper than
actual therapy, so were solid ✌
I didn’t know you were banned ?. I’ve kinda been taking it easier too

Well suspended.
Crazy missed as i can see ;)

No other way to take it =)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads