DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro drop / skip frames

SilverSurfer

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I got the Mavic 2 Pro and I had from the beginning a major issue with it.

It keeps dropping frames on every video feedback AND on the internal storage when I visualize it.

I updated both the controler and the aircraft but nothing changed.

I also tried to uninstall and reinstall DJI GO4 but nothing improved.

Has anyone had the same issue?

I had before the Mavic Pro Platinum and everything worked fine.

Reactions: hrpaez
Try to change the encoding, in the camera menu, from H265 to H264.

You may need a faster SD card than what came with your Mavic.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Same problem here... dropping frames, in every rate and fps, internal memory and external sd extreme pro v30 32gb

I got this same problem and I'm using SanDisk Elite V30 with writing speed up to 90MB/S (600x). UHS speed class 3. Has someone found out why this is happening?

Are you saying that when you play back the footage on your pc it has the issue AND when watching the cached footage within the app(on your phone/tablet)

People should post sample clips (original files) for analysis. Several times people have reported similar stuff and a careful frame by frame check showed nothing wrong, and the issue was just people not understanding how video and display works and that the "missing frames" were introduced by their playback setup becasue that required a framerate conversion.

There are many technical complications when viewing video on something like a computer due to framerate differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilomikebravo
I have what I think is the same issue - I had a Mavic 1 Pro and had no problems at all. Now with my Mavic 2 Pro, none of my video footage is usable. I've used both MP4 and mov containers and both h.264 nd h.265 with exactly the same results. I'm assuming it's my card not being fast enough but it's a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB which is rated for 4k video so... /shrug. (I have formatted the card with the Mavic.)

Example videos here. They start fine then just stutter, slow down and go staccato.

The app and drone still respond as they could while this is happening, but the camera controls do not work with the circle around the shutter button constantly circling the shutter button while it works its stuff out...

I have what I think is the same issue - I had a Mavic 1 Pro and had no problems at all. Now with my Mavic 2 Pro, none of my video footage is usable. I've used both MP4 and mov containers and both h.264 nd h.265 with exactly the same results. I'm assuming it's my card not being fast enough but it's a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB which is rated for 4k video so... /shrug. (I have formatted the card with the Mavic.)

Example videos here. They start fine then just stutter, slow down and go staccato.

The app and drone still respond as they could while this is happening, but the camera controls do not work with the circle around the shutter button constantly circling the shutter button while it works its stuff out...

Have you checked that the card is legitimate? Did you purchase from a reliable source? How full is the card? There are card tester/identifier apps and programs.

As an aside: is this before or after your drone caught a wave? I saw that posting elsewhere, I guess.

Have you checked that the card is legitimate? Did you purchase from a reliable source? How full is the card? There are card tester/identifier apps and programs.

As an aside: is this before or after your drone caught a wave? I saw that posting elsewhere, I guess.

Hah, that must have been someone else thankfully - mine is very dry and safe.

I've tested the card and it's only writing at about 12MB/s which is very slow according to the BlackMagic test app I used...(but doesn't't that still work out the same as about 100Mb/s which is what it's rated for?)

I've tested the card and it's only writing at about 12MB/s which is very slow according to the BlackMagic test app I used...(but doesn't't that still work out the same as about 100Mb/s which is what it's rated for?)
If your card is writing at 12 MB/s - then that's below what you'd expect from a HD rated SD card. SD cards able to sustain HD write speeds are marked with the U3 logo, and should be able to sustain 30 MB/s write speeds.
I'd assume the usual 1 Byte = 16 bits ... so 30 MB/s is 480 Mbit/s
ScanDisk-Extreme-Pro-microSD-press.jpg
[EDIT: correction ... 1 Byte = 8 bits ... so 30 MB/s is 240 Mbit/s]

Last edited:
I think a byte is 8 bits.
Argh! - of course it is - sorry ... so 30 MB/s would actually be 240 Mbit/s o_O
[Had 16-bit PC architecture in my head!]

well, it almost looked like the same rocky shelf:

Reactions: smoomonster
Make sure your test environment can support high speed data. If you're using a USB 2.0 port on the PC, USB 2.0 cable, reader or hub, you could get bad results.

But then I've been able to maintain 20-30MB transfer rates when copying from SD card to portable HD with USB 2.0 card reader and hub.

Make sure your test environment can support high speed data. If you're using a USB 2.0 port on the PC, USB 2.0 cable, reader or hub, you could get bad results.

But then I've been able to maintain 20-30MB transfer rates when copying from SD card to portable HD with USB 2.0 card reader and hub.
USB-C all the way :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000