DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro has No 4k 60fps...why?

Does it have 4K 60fps???
As of right now the Multispectral camera can only do photos, as that is what it is geared to do. A video recording function will be coming soon, in the manual it says "Video recording feature available soon" but since each of the 6 sensors are only 2.08 MP the video will be very low resolution.

I know my GoPro gets pretty toasty as 4K60, I’d imagine the processing power isn’t there. You can always strap another camera (like a GoPro) onto the top, less convenient but should work. Hero8 comes out Tuesday

Most people shooting 4K are doing 30fps all day long. 60 would be helpful for slowing down the action but you don't really get that great of an effect until you get to 120 and above. Keep in mind 4K 60fps files are huge
Best reply so far. Lets be honest if you plan and frame your footage carefully, ensure the subject matter is focused properly and you dont overdo the post editing (we are not Danny Boyle), 4k 30 fps is astonishing. Slow motion in a drone (or helicopters) is for the high budget, large screen, marketing types who do not use consumer drones for their livelihood.

Yes but it's "blocky" unlike the 30p footage and thus of limited use, they probably don't have the power to process it to the same standard.
Really never heard that before. I dont have a drone that captures 4k @60fps but I have seen slow motion footage that was and it looks awesome, not blocky. Can you elaborate on "blocky"?

Last edited:
Best reply so far. Lets be honest if you plan and frame your footage carefully, ensure the subject matter is focused properly and you dont overdo the post editing (we are not Danny Boyle), 4k 30 fps is astonishing. Slow motion in a drone (or helicopters) is for the high budget, large screen, marketing types who do not use consumer drones for their livelihood.
Have you ever tried to direct wildlife or the bride, groom and wedding entourage on their wedding day...lol. I am really not going for the super slow motion shots. I am talking about taking 60 fps and bringing it down to 30 fps in post.

All though I have seen some amazing 60 fps slow motion of bird flight and it looked awesome

I just don't understand why DJI would have put that limit on the M2P. Especially if they were going to phase out the Phantom 4 Pro. It has got to be a marketing strategy/technique. I doubt very highly it is a hardware limitation. SO hopefully a perfect storm will happen in 2020... Mavic 3 with 4k @ 60fps will be released and the tariffs are dropped on china made products...here's hoping
I agree! These companies really have to look into what the word PRO means before naming their products that are far from pro out there for purchase. My Phantom 4 Pro like all the others provided 4K 60fps footage and this Mavic 2 Pro with it's "Hasselblad" bs camera can't. Just like an iPhone 11 Pro that can't natively shoot RAW yet claims to be a "PRO" camera. lol these companies are goofy!

"pro" is a subjective tern, much like "light" or "all natural" when it comes to food.
Indeed! The original Mavic “Pro" simply meant it came an with RC, as DJI originally intended to sell it as the "Mavic" without a controller, just using a phone. Ultimately, they only sold it with the controller, but kept the "Pro" anyway, and still included the capability of not using the controller at all.

There are rumors the Mavic 3 Pro will be 4K 60fps capable. It will be announced officially in January 2020.

There are rumors the Mavic 3 Pro will be 4K 60fps capable. It will be announced officially in January 2020.

That would be great! I skipped the Mavic 2, because only 4K60 would make me want to upgrade my Mavic 1. I just re-watched some of my old movies, and was thinking several times "Wow, this would have been nice to slow down". I think a lot of the things that move look nicer when slowed down a bit: wildlife, birds, boats, waterfalls, sports,...

That would be great! I skipped the Mavic 2, because only 4K60 would make me want to upgrade my Mavic 1. I just re-watched some of my old movies, and was thinking several times "Wow, this would have been nice to slow down". I think a lot of the things that move look nicer when slowed down a bit: wildlife, birds, boats, waterfalls, sports,...

EXACTLY....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv