DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Temporary Restricted Fly Zone

Springerdog1

Reactions
Just started my Mavic 2 Zoom up a couple hours ago. The screen showded I was in a temporary restricted fly zone. There was a prompt to request an unlocking code, which I received on my phone. I questioned DJI about this and they told me I needed to email [email protected] received this response from them:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI.

Please provide us with all the requested materials and information below, and then we will help you to unlock the location with a customized solution.
Then send the below info:
1) Flight Controller's serial number (It can be found in App’s About page)
The flight controller's serial number is incorrect, please connect the drone with the app, go to DJI GO/DJI GO 4 > General Settings > About >Flight Controller SN to check the number.
2) Unlock location longitude, latitude, and the radius. Please send me the information in the format of longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456, radius: 500m.
3) Unlock time. For example from March 24th, 2018 to April 24th, 2018
4) Your DJI Account email

I was able to provide all the information with the exception item #2. Does anyone know where I can find that information?

Also when I went into About this drone on the Go4 there was a slider to unlock temporary flight restriction. Should I just turn that off? Also it asked if I wanted to sync or import this information to the controller or aircraft. Should I do that?

You WANT to fly in a TFR? are you sure? could be a presidential flight in the area, or something else.
Have you looked up what the TFR is for?

Have you found out what it is? Balloon fest, air show, military exercises? it would be a good thing to know. It will require authorization if even allowable. I cant answer the question on how to get around it, You just need to look at a google eatrth map, zoom in on the location you want to fly, and use those GPS coordinates for the DJI dude. And how far from that spot in yards you plan to fly.

Have you found out what it is? Balloon fest, air show, military exercises? it would be a good thing to know. It will require authorization if even allowable. I cant answer the question on how to get around it, You just need to look at a google eatrth map, zoom in on the location you want to fly, and use those GPS coordinates for the DJI dude. And how far from that spot in yards you plan to fly.
I've tried to find out what it is, but I haven't had any luck yet.

The simplest solution is to find a park nearby that has no TFR. Just saying...
Most first time crashes happen around or inside homes, as there's not enough open space and too many obstacles. Do yourself a favour.

Reactions: AMann
1. Determine the reason and restrictions for TFR
2. DL any compass app. Almost all can give location in multiple formats
3. If needed, apply for CoA/ CoW well in advance next time.
Good Luck

In my country there is a simple app that basically shows all restricted airspace --> https://dagr.hcaa.gr/

If you login, and click on a restricted zone, it shows the details. There should be something similar where you live.

Sure, Go fly in a TFR. The government LOVES drones anyway.

I wasn't aware Trump was in the neighborhood till I watched the news that night. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Gindra
The TFR would have been a clue........ :D
(Note post #2) LOL!
Fly safe!

When that happened to me, being a non-sports nut, I did not realize that the U of WA's football stadium and a game was two miles as the "drone" flies.

I never could figure out how to unlock since I only intended to fly in my backyard.

But someone else's comment was spot on - crashing into trees and shrubs in my limited back yard!!! I always liked the odor of new mowed lawn!

I never could figure out how to unlock since I only intended to fly in my backyard.

What @Meta4 referred to are good resources. Here is a link where DJI describes flight zones.

As a recreational flier you will not be allowed to fly in a red zone. To fly in an authorization zone you can self authorize yourself following the step-by-step in this link. Other zones will have you check you agree to abide by the rules in affect at the time.

Recent movement by the FAA; LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability) is the current movement
LINKS :
- Mavic Pilots link to LAANC
- Google Link to LAANC

My $0.02 is that it won't be too long before all UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) pilots will be required to have Part 107 certification to fly legally.

Edit and add.
Another post on this subject

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I had the same issues in my local area... Went to a park where I fly all the time and the Mavic 2 Pro wouldn't start .. Due to a TFR .. Went home and saw that DJI is locking all the local sports arenas and college sport fields now. The worst part is that the TFR didn't take effect until Nov 3 and this was oct 22 ! What a joke. So I unlocked the TFR and went back the next day and flew..Very annoying.. Thats why im selling this Mavic 2 Pro for the Autel Evo!

I had the same issues in my local area... Went to a park where I fly all the time and the Mavic 2 Pro wouldn't start .. Due to a TFR .. Went home and saw that DJI is locking all the local sports arenas and college sport fields now. The worst part is that the TFR didn't take effect until Nov 3 and this was oct 22 ! What a joke. So I unlocked the TFR and went back the next day and flew..Very annoying.. Thats why im selling this Mavic 2 Pro for the Autel Evo!
We will miss you.

Reactions: harleymhs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest