DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 4 minutes clips only

My Mavic 3 Cine recording to the 1TB internal SSD records at least 11 minutes in a single *.mov file. My other DJI drones (Mini 2 and Air 2) recording to removable ssd cards both break long recordings into 3 or 4 minute segments - but everything is there.

I’m guessing that you are recording to a removable card with either a Mavic 3 or a Mavic 3 Cine. If it is the latter, try recording to the internal storage.

Howard

I trying to record more than 4 minutes of video but mavic 3 doesn't let me
It's not 4 minutes, it's the size of the video file that's the issue.
There is a limit of about 3.7 GB and beyond that the file will be split.
This is the same for all DJI cameras recording to SD cards.

My Mavic 3 Cine recording to the 1TB internal SSD records at least 11 minutes in a single *.mov file. My other DJI drones (Mini 2 and Air 2) recording to removable ssd cards both break long recordings into 3 or 4 minute segments - but everything is there.

I’m guessing that you are recording to a removable card with either a Mavic 3 or a Mavic 3 Cine. If it is the latter, try recording to the internal storage.

Howard
ok I'll try thanks

It's not 4 minutes, it's the size of the video file that's the issue.
There is a limit of about 3.7 GB and beyond that the file will be split.
This is the same for all DJI cameras recording to SD cards.
it there any way to avoid that? I'm trying to shoot an Orbit of a shopping center, but I want to doing in one shot.Thanks

it there any way to avoid that? I'm trying to shoot an Orbit of a shopping center, but I want to doing in one shot.Thanks
If you reduce the resolution or frame rate, that would make for a smaller filesize for the same time.
Then 3.7 Gb would be a longer video.
But you can't do anything to go beyond the 3.7 Gb file size limit if you are recording to an SD card.

I found the easiest solution was just to load the video clips into Sony Vegas Pro & join them together to make one long seamless video, takes a bit of time but the end result is one big continuous video file.

Just put the clips together on post production. It’s a seamless transition.

Reactions: Coskier and PAW
I found the easiest solution was just to load the video clips into Sony Vegas Pro & join them together to make one long seamless video, takes a bit of time but the end result is one big continuous video file.
QuickTime allows seamless joining of video clips also, quite easily.

Reactions: Yaros
That limit sounds like its due to a limit imposed by the formatting of the card, FAT32 I think has that limit, NTFS does not. FAT32 is the most compatible, most cameras therefore use that system.

Format the card on the computer in exFat. The card must not be formatted via the app, because it always formats FAT32. Then the files are no longer split.

That limit sounds like its due to a limit imposed by the formatting of the card, FAT32 I think has that limit, NTFS does not. FAT32 is the most compatible, most cameras therefore use that system.
It's a limit with the video codec not the storage format so even if exFAT is used the files will be split the same way.

Reactions: emjay10010
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet