DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Updated to new firmware. Not 100% now either. Check video
on Instagram...:

Last edited:
These aren't quite the right pictures for the test, but actually seems like your Mavic isn't affected by the magenta(gate). :)

If it was going to show, I figured it would’ve been against the blue or the white

Today is very cloudy. After taking multiple pictures there is no magenta tint visible. For now the issue is gone by the new unit AND/OR the new .400 firmware update. Any issues of you guys fixed with the new firmware?

Reactions: JustName
Here I am again. New Mavic 3 and the **** show continues. Since DJI didn't replace my second Mavic 3 I took a refund and bought a new unit from Finnish retailer. Same magenta **** again!! Firmware update makes no difference, both stock firmware and the updated act the same. Here is a side by side comparison to my iPhone 13, both have only Dehaze set to 35 in Lightroom. You can clearly see that Mavic 3 is the one having problems. This is a serious problem and DJI just ignores it now...

Attachments

• DJI_0187.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 23
  • APC_0018 1.JPG
    APC_0018 1.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Sad
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Here I am again. New Mavic 3 and the **** show continues. Since DJI didn't replace my second Mavic 3 I took a refund and bought a new unit from Finnish retailer. Same magenta **** again!! Firmware update makes no difference, both stock firmware and the updated act the same. Here is a side by side comparison to my iPhone 13, both have only Dehaze set to 35 in Lightroom. You can clearly see that Mavic 3 is the one having problems. This is a serious problem and DJI just ignores it now...

What a frustrating time to have as I pilot. Send it back and try in a few months a new unit.

Update! For some reason the firmware update didn't update the firmware although it completed. Updated it again and the new firmware does improve the situation. Now there is more green in the middle and magenta reduced. End result is still not very good. This is probably a hardware issue.

Attachments

• DJI_0196.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: JustName
With adjusted whitebalance there is a much more magenta visible. It seems to be a hardware issue, because the are some units without any magenta. Also this magenta coloration is to irregular and not the same on all the damaged M3 units.

Attachments

• DJI_0196.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 14
I would be horrified to hear DJI tell me that this is acceptable in any way, shape or form. Its not and I will 100% be returning any Mavic 3 that shows even a hint of this issue.

I would send the photos to trading standards, Hasselblad, DJI and to anyone who might pay attention.

Just keep refunding and buy a new one until you find a unit that works as it should.

Eventually DJI will fix it. The law of returns are on our side not theirs. That's why you don't release stuff that is broken. Not ready is one thing but broken is something else entirely.

Those images are shocking!

This is awful for people that bought at Best Buy. They charge a 15% restocking fee for open products, which adds up when you're paying $3k for the combo.

Their stance that this is within spec for their flagship prosumer drone is untenable. Just wow at that.

This is awful for people that bought at Best Buy. They charge a 15% restocking fee for open products, which adds up when you're paying $3k for the combo.

Their stance that this is within spec for their flagship prosumer drone is untenable. Just wow at that.
Like how is this in any way acceptable by anyone who cares about photography and film? This is a disgrace!
DJI_0196.jpg
Oh by the way, this was after the owner updated their FW in order to fix the issue. Now there is green smearing the colour palette too.

Just wow indeed!

DJI please fix this camera or just deal with 1000's of returns and negative online posts concerning your brand new Mavic 3 prosumer drone...

Edit: Actually I think the image above is before the FW update and after the effect was still there but less pronounced than this. Sorry if I did get that the wrong way round.

Last edited:
I am on my 3rd M3 for the "Magenta Cast" & then The "Magenta Cast & Horizon tilt". M3 is perfect ..... it is possible to get a perfect M3.
* A note about packaging ..... the cellophane wrap was a little disheveled from the factory, like they may be a little rushed. Hard to explain, but after 3 of them, it's different & this one has no issues & I am in love again
cool.gif

* A note about propellers .... My first M3 had a lot of warpage on the trailing edge on all. My second M3 had 2 better propellers. My 3rd M3 .... all the propellers are better than anything before. Almost no warpage. QC is gettering better?

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 121421_0028r.jpg
    121421_0028r.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 121421_0007r.jpg
    121421_0007r.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Torretje
I am on my 3rd M3 for the "Magenta Cast" & then The "Magenta Cast & Horizon tilt". M3 is perfect ..... it is possible to get a perfect M3.
* A note about packaging ..... the cellophane wrap was a little disheveled from the factory, like they may be a little rushed. Hard to explain, but after 3 of them, it's different & this one has no issues & I am in love again
cool.gif

* A note about propellers .... My first M3 had a lot of warpage on the trailing edge on all. My second M3 had 2 better propellers. My 3rd M3 .... all the propellers are better than anything before. Almost no warpage. QC is gettering better?

Cheers, Jon
What is the production date on box month/year for the last unit. And what was for defective unites before do you know?

cool.gif

Cheers, Jon
There's a lot of magenta in these shots due to the white balance. I'd try again shooting in broad daylight on snow, that would be more suitable to check for magenta cast.

There's a lot of magenta in these shots due to the white balance. I'd try again shooting in broad daylight on snow, that would be more suitable to check for magenta cast.
Yes, I do plan on more testing, but it looks a lot more promising with Magenta in all the right places :)

Unprocessed JPEG only resized. The would have had Magenta on both sides on M3 #2. Not a trace.
Update: Horizons look great too.
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• DJI_0013r.JPG
    DJI_0013r.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Thm-Image1.jpg
    Thm-Image1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals