DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 different hardware for FCC and CE

sbm

Reactions
Hello ,
Does anyone knows Mavic 3 has different hardware for FCC and CE country or it is a globally same model ?
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I have both Air2S and Mavic3 , India , CE country as I know.
On the exact same location Air2S is in FCC and Mavic 3 is in CE.
A2S showing dual band , M3 showing only 2.4
Any hints ?
Both are non hacked on firmware and app level.
Running latest firmware + fly app 1.5.9

Thanks for the reply.
I have both Air2S and Mavic3 , India , CE country as I know.
On the exact same location Air2S is in FCC and Mavic 3 is in CE.
A2S showing dual band , M3 showing only 2.4
Any hints ?
Both are non hacked on firmware and app level.
Running latest firmware + fly app 1.5.9
May I ask how you know its in FCC. I have never been able to find what mode my controller is in. I have always assumed ce (Australia).

I don't believe CE blocks dual band but I may be wrong. Some countries use a hybrid of FCC and CE. Australia does this. They reduce the transmission power of the controller by about 50% but permit dual band operation. Unless you can actually measure the TX output with a spectrum analyser, its hard to tell.

May I ask how you know its in FCC. I have never been able to find what mode my controller is in. I have always assumed ce (Australia).

I don't believe CE blocks dual band but I may be wrong. Some countries use a hybrid of FCC and CE. Australia does this. They reduce the transmission power of the controller by about 50% but permit dual band operation. Unless you can actually measure the TX output with a spectrum analyser, its hard to tell.
Yes I did check from the usual transmission option page from the App , don't have analyser.
But option which I am getting are totally different for A2S and M3.
A2S alwayes showing dual band 100% of the time.
M3 showing only 2.4
Exact same location all time.

Yes I did check from the usual transmission option page from the App , don't have analyser.
But option which I am getting are totally different for A2S and M3.
A2S alwayes showing dual band 100% of the time.
M3 showing only 2.4
Exact same location all time.
Could it not be that maybe all new drones cannot run on the 5GHZ band in India. I know some countries the drones can only work on 2.4GHZ

Is the air2s running the latest firmware / app. If its an older version, upgrading may cause it to stop on air2 s.

DJI Australia continually release new firmware / geofencing and app downgrades (meaning adding limitations) as well as upgrades..

Ask your DJI distributor or national tech support centre what permit the are running under.

Could it not be that maybe all new drones cannot run on the 5GHZ band in India. I know some countries the drones can only work on 2.4GHZ
Dont know what is happening , but I did refresh both RC-N1 and M3 through Dji assistant 2 and reinstall firmware.
After that M3 is showing dual band on transmission page and it is in FCC Mode.
Problem is now GPS aquisition, it is taking approx 3min to get 20 sat.

Dont know what is happening , but I did refresh both RC-N1 and M3 through Dji assistant 2 and reinstall firmware.

can you talk my reinstall fcc firmware method?thank

Thats good news then, for the GPS issues we all are having this issue, you need to wait for the next FW update to hopefully fix this.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh