DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Features Missing or Will Never Be

Ray at DCRainMaker posted a video discussing missing and half baked features on the initial Mavic 3 release. It also includes a link to a spreadsheet of 42 items that will or will never be implemented as well.

Some of the notable items missing is ActiveTrack, MasterShots, Spotlight, and POI (these are scheduled to be implemented in Jan '21), and no "Pro" settings for the secondary camera (tele). As with the MA2 and A2S, waypoints will not be available. The 4G dongle will not be sold in the US/UK/EU due to government restriction on 4G use.

22 things are mising.... wow

22 things are mising.... wow
Where did the 42 things come from.
This is just one youtuber.
I would say more like delayed for an upcoming firmware update in Jan. 2022.
This guy did not do any whining about the ability to handle wind or the camera.
Where did 22 missing things come from,lol.
When they have all the firmware updates in Jan.2022 ,and the M3 is as functional
with everything,people will whine about something else.

Where did the 42 things come from.
This is just one youtuber.
I would say more like delayed for an upcoming firmware update in Jan. 2022.
This guy did not do any whining about the ability to handle wind or the camera.
Where did 22 missing things come from,lol.
When they have all the firmware updates in Jan.2022 ,and the M3 is as functional
with everything,people will whine about something else.

Watch the video he lists all all of them, he is not sponsored so very honest review, and he is great at following up with vendors. This guy is not paid actor like most of the people who got drone weeks in advance and are only allowed to say god things.

no Waypoints and LTE dongle ever. How pros will fly paterns for roof/field inspections or orthomosaics?

When you look at all the recommended YTers they all say the same happy nothing, not a single detail of any sort...He is not wining just pointing whats mssing.

I need waypoints and litchi Dronedeploy and Copterus so this is no go for me.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Watch the video he lists all all of them, he is not sponsored so very honest review, and he is great at following up with vendors. This guy is not paid actor like most of the people who got drone weeks in advance and are only allowed to say god things.

no Waypoints and LTE dongle ever. How pros will fly paterns for roof/field inspections or orthomosaics?

When you look at all the recommended YTers they all say the same happy nothing, not a single detail of any sort...He is not wining just pointing whats mssing.

I need waypoints and litchi Dronedeploy and Copterus so this is no go for me.
I have watched the vidio,and some of his other ones,sorry still sticking
to my last post.I have seen a number of youtubers with pretty honest reviews
And yes some not .I kind of would like to see them add waypoints.And maybe raw
capabilities in the smaller zoom camera.
I have to think long and hard about getting the M3,if it happens it will not be until
next year.
I would like to give them several months to work out the bugs.
I am kinda waiting on the Mini 3, to see what it brings.
Mostly because of what remote ID will do to our flying in 2023.
You have yourself a good day.

I think if it was not for the upcoming Christmas holidays,they would have waited for a January
2022 release and have everything ready with the firmware updates.
Hard to say why they did this,maybe some pressure to release the M3 before Autel comes out
with their evo 3,which even if it was announced on paper no one would get the product in their
hands for probably 4 months after,or pressure from the public to get this drone out,who knows.
But I will give dJI credit they had the M3 available for the dealers to start shipping on release day.
This is where Autel always seems to really screw it up.
So in ending I would gladly take what is currently an outstanding drone but have to wait patiently for firmware
updates.And knowing when I place my order it will be shipped out shortly.
Over putting in a preorder and have to wait for months before the drone I ordered gets shipped.
That in my mind is messed up and bad business.
Respectfully I kinda disagree with you on the messed up part.
But no big deal.
Have yourself a great day
I see what your saying.
Just to be clear, the messed up part to me is the actual products (M3 and Action cam), not the launch. I’m used to waiting on firmware updates for products. I was an early adopter with Red cameras. The first I bought didn’t even have playback for many months before the firmware was released.
It’s the omission of backwards compability with the SC1 and Fly software etc that bugs me.

I see what your saying.
Just to be clear, the messed up part to me is the actual products (M3 and Action cam), not the launch. I’m used to waiting on firmware updates for products. I was an early adopter with Red cameras. The first I bought didn’t even have playback for many months before the firmware was released.
It’s the omission of backwards compability with the SC1 and Fly software etc that bugs me.
I see what you are saying,i dont know why the SC1 is not backwards compatible it works for the air 2s.
Those controllers are not cheap and should really work for the people that have them.
Must be the outdated innards in the SC1 that can no longer handle the processing power needed for
the updated fly app and M3 drone.The fly software is what it is I guess,have to get used to it.
I fly a mavic air 2 and the app does not really bother me too much,not like we can change it I guess.
Have a good one.

I have only used the Fly app a few times. As you say, I guess I can get used to it if I have to (and they improve upon it). It’s just annoying to have to remember different interfaces when on different jobs. It takes focus away from the flying. Luckily I don’t have to buy anything right now. I can wait and see how it all pans out

Of course my comment was "tongue in cheek." January is really not so far off for most of us, and Christmas means absolutely nothing to me.My "kids" are fully grown adults on their own and we do not exchange presents. My wife can buy anything she wants, (and she does!). I am in the fortunate position of being able to buy most anything I want when I want it. I am retired, I had a successful career based on years of school (I was an ophthalmologist, or as you say in UK- an oculist). I worked long and hard hours, with a ton of stressful situations in the operating room doing eye surgery for years. I earned my money fair and square. So when I want to purchase something, I want it to be the best and the most complete it can be. I was shocked to learn from this forum that DJI had released an incomplete product and I really resented it. Sure, I will wait for the final product. I am in no rush because it is a hobby and not a means of income for me.

For your comment, I am actually surprised that a spare tire (tyre) is an additional cost.

Side note-In 1963, I spent 3 months studying cardiology at Kings College Hospital in SE London and living with a British family. A delightful and memorable experience.

Dale
I guess that's why in the medical profession you are always "learning" and "improving" you product or service over time and most countries require constant training and learning. There are many failures along the way that everyone learns from and becomes better. DJI are the same and learning new ways to improve their technology along the way. It's no different to any other app updates that constantly come to our devices with "bug fixes" etc. It's never ending. The M3 flies fine and shoots lovely footage on a nice sensor. If you want a panorama then learn to shoot it manually and become a better pilot. Most of the missing features are autonomous so obviously this is being worked on. In the meantime those with the M3 can go out and take great footage.

Have to agree with several posts on this thread. If people could just resist the marketing for more than five minutes and didn't just buy the new stuff the moment it turned up in the shops, companies like DJI might think twice about foisting half-baked products on their customers who they appear to regard as guinea pigs. And not just guinea pigs volunteering to participate in their product testing, but guinea pigs prepared to pay considerable amounts of money for the 'privilege'.

Get real, people, this is a very successful business model for DJI (and other companies), why indulge it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman