DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 files

thwcologne

Reactions
Mavic 3 Files can not be played on Mac
if recorded in Dlog Either 264 or 265
If normal color profile is used264 is working.
Quick time player newest version.
10.5-1110.4.21
Mac OS Monterey
iMac 3,8 GHz Intel Core I9
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 Gb

VLC is functioning.
After conversion in a more compressed mov container using Uniconverter files are usable.
Who has also experienced these
problems ?

Mavic 3 Files can not be played on Mac
if recorded in Dlog Either 264 or 265
If normal color profile is used264 is working.
Quick time player newest version.
10.5-1110.4.21
Mac OS Monterey
iMac 3,8 GHz Intel Core I9
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 Gb

VLC is functioning.
After conversion in a more compressed mov container using Uniconverter files are usable.
Who has also experienced these
problems ?
Same problem here. Getting "file not compatible with QuickTime error". Plays horrible on FCP
I'm using an intel iMac running Monterey. On a MacBook with new M1 processor files playback fine.
Very frustrating.

Meanwhile I have analyzed the problem, Only the newest generation of Mac computers with the MI ship can handle the problem.
However you can edit the files in Final Cut With the old Mac computers, After editing a final file, files can be seen.

Unfortunately my very fast Intel iMac can’t even play the files properly on Final Cut Pro. To edit them I need to transcode them (I use ProRes LT)

It’s incredibly frustrating and I don’t see what this has to do with the new M1 processor. I mean QuickTime won’t even open them! (The h265 files On the Mavic two play back with no problem)

‏ I haven’t been able to find information from Apple or Dji on this.

Same issues with mini 3 pro. I have a 2020 M1, Monterey 12.3.1

MacGawd posted this on June 23 2022. It sums up my issue without my having to type all those words.
"Note: I've never had a problem with Quicktime playing both .MOV or .MP4 files, I, however, do have a problem with files now being produced by my Mavic Mini 3 Pro which, after a firmware update, cannot be played by Quicktime (no matter which format) or previewed on my Mac by simply highlighting the file and pressing the Space bar. Also, the files all have a horrible purple cast on them, Movist Pro will play the files - badly. FXCP reads them just fine, but it is a pain in the proverbial that I cannot preview my files and decide which ones to include in my FXCP editing, I have to include all first and clear out the chaff afterwards - not ideal. I am in conversation with DJI about this." MacGawd 7/23/22

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser