DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 firmware 1.00.0900 released

I flew my Mavic 3, air 2s and mini 3, none of them are broadcasting. I use three different apps. Dji inserted the software in the updates, but they are dormant since the official date has not arrived. It is not in their best interest to acitvate it, they will get in all kinds of legal battles.

How can you be sure that the M3 is not broadcasting?

Perhaps it's just that the apps aren't able to receive.

I could not find any options to change parameters for Auxilairy light, front led's put off for filming in night. I am on RC Pro FW version .1100. On .1000 i got both options under 'safety' and below the battery information. Now, both options are gone.

Where else could i found both options?

Last edited:
Cruise control is good, but without an SDK for Litchi I still want a waypoint feature.

Reactions: Coskier
I could not find any options to change parameters for Auxilairy light, front led's put off for filming in night. I am on RC Pro FW version .1100. On .1000 i got both options under 'safety' and below the battery information. Now, both options are gone.

Where else could i found both options?

So I'm guessing the new firmware makes it behave like a C1 classified drone. I was hoping the C1 part would be a choice, as it makes it unusable for certain filming scenarios...

C1-certified drones with C1-compliant firmware are also subject to additional mandatory changes under European Drone Regulation:

• The Mavic 3 series meets the new noise reduction level of 83db.
  • When the ActiveTrack Intelligent Flight Mode is used to film people or objects, the distance from the person/object will be limited to 50 m. Beyond 50 m, ActiveTrack will be disabled.
  • the Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment, and
  • the LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.

So I'm guessing the new firmware makes it behave like a C1 classified drone. I was hoping the C1 part would be a choice, as it makes it unusable for certain filming scenarios...
I also think it is because of C1. But this is thing really bad, the red front leds are very ruining the night/fog shots.
Is there any way to get maybe USA firmware on the RC Pro? Because, on version .1000 the option of front leds and auxilairy light are still in-app.

New firmware has been released for the Mavic 3. Here are the notable changes:
  • Added Night mode in recording mode (supports 4K 30fps and ISO 800 to 12800)
  • Added Output Quality settings for Hyperlapse
  • Added ISO 1600 for D-Log
  • Added Spotlight and POI when using tele camera
  • Added Cruise Control
  • Added Gain and Expo Tuning
  • Added support for EU C1 certification
  • Added support for RID in the United States
  • Fixed abnormal colors in DNG photos
  • Added ability to close the prompt by using C1 and C2 button after the Low Battery RTH prompts
  • Added support for DJI Mavic 3 Classic
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.
Adding gain and exp tuning should finally make the Mavic 3 as smooth a flyer as the Mavic 2. I’ll update the firmware and verify. Looks like an overall robust update! Good going DJI.

I also think it is because of C1. But this is thing really bad, the red front leds are very ruining the night/fog shots.
Is there any way to get maybe USA firmware on the RC Pro? Because, on version .1000 the option of front leds and auxilairy light are still in-app.

Try black electrical tape over the LEDs on the front legs.

Does someone have a Air 2S connected with the RC Pro on FW .1100? I Want to know if the Auxiliary LED light and front LEDs are still possible to change in the Air 2S. With the Mavic 3 both options are gone.

Does someone have a Air 2S connected with the RC Pro on FW .1100? I Want to know if the Auxiliary LED light and front LEDs are still possible to change in the Air 2S. With the Mavic 3 both options are gone.
Never noticed any option for the front LEDs. But the aux light is still switched. As it is with FCC mode, since the aux light has to be automatic in Europe, maybe that is GPS controlled.

New firmware has been released for the Mavic 3. Here are the notable changes:
  • Added Night mode in recording mode (supports 4K 30fps and ISO 800 to 12800)
  • Added Output Quality settings for Hyperlapse
  • Added ISO 1600 for D-Log
  • Added Spotlight and POI when using tele camera
  • Added Cruise Control
  • Added Gain and Expo Tuning
  • Added support for EU C1 certification
  • Added support for RID in the United States
  • Fixed abnormal colors in DNG photos
  • Added ability to close the prompt by using C1 and C2 button after the Low Battery RTH prompts
  • Added support for DJI Mavic 3 Classic
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.
I am always frightened to death of firmware upgrades, but I steeled myself and took out the time today and successfully managed to do it. I had the un-install my old DJYFly app first, because it was not current. Once I downloaded the new DJI Fly app on to my iMAC, I Used the app to first upgrade the firmware of the RC Pro remote, and then the aircraft. It took about 10 minutes each. I then went out she to be sure everything was still working and I breathed a sign of relief when it was. I now need to try out the various new goodies like better night vision. So my point is, even a dummy can upgrade this and no untoward abnormalities occurred.

Dale

Interesting update. I'll wait until 9/2023 on this one thanks...

LOL, I so caved, this is a killer update. Cruise control and EXP 1M are such gems for cine work!

LOL, I so caved, this is a killer update. Cruise control and EXP 1M are such gems for cine work!
They sure did hide the Remote ID poison pill well amongst all the fabulous goodies! Until I know more about exactly who currently has access to the new broadcasted RID, and exactly how it is accessible, I'm holding off. It is an irreversible FW update. No rollback possible! You burn the bridge when you install it. Too many Karen's and anti-drone kooks out there, to be broadcasting one's location to anyone with a cellphone! Might as well put a target on your back, no matter how legally you are flying! Forget about ever flying from home again!

Reactions: Starz and KS-6
They sure did hide the Remote ID poison pill well amongst all the fabulous goodies! Until I know more about exactly who currently has access to the new broadcasted RID, and exactly how it is accessible, I'm holding off. It is an irreversible FW update. No rollback possible! You burn the bridge when you install it. Too many Karen's and anti-drone kooks out there, to be broadcasting one's location to anyone with a cellphone! Might as well put a target on your back, no matter how legally you are flying! Forget about ever flying from home again!
I have an EVO-II that deals with that juuuust fine...;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure