DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Probably too soon, but has anyone updated air2s to the new firmware v.02.04.2700 (C1 certification) and checked if the FCC mode app still works?

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
Hey mate can you please upload the file again? Google Drive says: "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists."

Answering my own question, i updated to latest firmware (C1 certification) and the FCC app is still working
It definitely makes the drone non-C1 compliant, but as long as you don't land in very hot water (water that forces competent authorities to look into your drone logs) you should be fine.

It definitely makes the drone non-C1 compliant, but as long as you don't land in very hot water (water that forces competent authorities to look into your drone logs) you should be fine.
You are probably right, since the mod increases the transmission power, so you can get better range. So it basically makes the drone non CE compliant. But it does not affect the parameters that make the drone C1 in the first place (speed, max height, weight etc). Unless they measure the transmission power, there is no way to prove its not within C1 specs. In any case, i don't use the mod to extend the flight range but to have better connection in the same area i would normally fly. Some could say it improves safety because there is less chance of a communication loss which could lead to an accident.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos