DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

I plug the cable into the controller and bottom port do the patch then mount phone into controller and plug cable in start dji fly thats it it takes seconds I can't see any inconvenience doing it

I plug the cable into the controller and bottom port do the patch then mount phone into controller and plug cable in start dji fly thats it it takes seconds I can't see any inconvenience doing it
When I fly 3 batteries, I should mount/unmount phone each battery. And for me it's not convenient)

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)
Does it work with 2S?
I tried it and everything looks fine. The APP patches OK. The transmission tab looks as should with FCC but the drone has the same range as before patch.

Hi!
I have a question.
This app unlock both 5,8 ghz and fcc?
Or it unlocks only fcc??
Currently it only enables fcc but if your in a 5 ghz countrie you can enable both

I might find how to enable both in the future

@galbb Interesting application!
Does it increase both the 2.4 and 5.8GHz bands?
(Drone Tweaks claims their paid software does: FCC mod for DJI Mini 2)

I am curious if you have any knowledge about how this patch compares to the "Boost Mode" found on the Mini 1 model.
It is my understanding that drone had three levels: CE, FCC, and Boost.
Boost mode means all software limits on the transceiver are lifted, resulting in even better range than FCC mode. Drone-Hacks offered the Boost mode for the Mini 1 but clearly state there is no such mode for the never drones (relation OccuSync 2.0?).

Do you think a "Boost Mode" could be made for OccuSync 2.0 controllers?
It would be very impressive if you could manage such a thing!

Regards,
Ithiloneth

DJI Mini 2
Novice
Northern Europe

Last edited:
@galbb Interesting application!
Does it increase both the 2.4 and 5.8GHz bands?
(Drone Tweaks claims their paid software does: FCC mod for DJI Mini 2)

I am curious if you have any knowledge about how this patch compares to the "Boost Mode" found on the Mini 1 model.
It is my understanding that drone had three levels: CE, FCC, and Boost.
Boost mode means all software limits on the transceiver are lifted, resulting in even better range than FCC mode. Drone-Hacks offered the Boost mode for the Mini 1 but clearly state there is no such mode for the never drones (relation OccuSync 2.0?).

Do you think a "Boost Mode" could be made for OccuSync 2.0 controllers?
It would be very impressive if you could manage such a thing!

Regards,
Ithiloneth

DJI Mini 2
Novice
Northern Europe
The boost mode requires root access on the mini 1 and older drones, dji has patched the latest root exploit and an open source root exploit hasn't been made yet(drone hacks has a paid one).

Reactions: Ithiloneth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato