DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 User Manual v1.4

The MA2 manuals (v1.2 and v1.4) are password protected so I cannot use the compare document function in Adobe Acrobat. It would be easier to see the changes using this.

By chance, is there anyone here who has the password?
The manual is not password protected. Here is the link to the Mavic Air 2 download page so you can download the v1.4 manual:

Direct download link to the v1.4 manual:

Attachments

• MA2 Manual Password Protected.JPG
    MA2 Manual Password Protected.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Dowloaded from the links above and the documents are still password protected, as per the attached picture.

I still cannot use the "compare document" function of Adobe for this
Are you able to view the .PDF manual? I think the "compare" feature is asking for author/editing permissions.

You may be out of luck.

Last edited:
Which may explain why copy/paste doesn't work.

Compare function is probably looking to mark up the document for changes.

The MA2 manuals (v1.2 and v1.4) are password protected so I cannot use the compare document function in Adobe Acrobat. It would be easier to see the changes using this.

By chance, is there anyone here who has the password?
I found the solution!

Upload the manuals here and it shows the differences between revisions. Please advise if you are successful.

I found the solution!

Upload the manuals here and it shows the differences between revisions. Please advise if you are successful.
Great. Will check this out Thumbswayup

Which may explain why copy/paste doesn't work.

Compare function is probably looking to mark up the document for changes.
Yep, copy and paste does not work either.

You can highlight what you want to copy, press ctrl C but when you move it, nothing happens when you press ctrl V

Great. Will check this out Thumbswayup
Comparison works but not as graphically presentable as doing it with Adobe.

Attached is a snapshot of the changes from v1.2 to v1.4 of the MA2 Manual.

Redlined is from the v1.2 manual while the greenlined portions are from the v1.4 manual

Attachments

• Snapshot of MA2 v1.2 to v1.4 manual changes.JPG
    Snapshot of MA2 v1.2 to v1.4 manual changes.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Comparison works but not as graphically presentable as doing it with Adobe.

Attached is a snapshot of the changes from v1.2 to v1.4 of the MA2 Manual.

Redlined as from the v1.2 manual while the greenlined portions are from the v1.4 manual
I'm glad it worked out!

Looking at the first indicator of change, the original line was better than the revised one. Home point 10?

Yep, copy and paste does not work either.

You can highlight what you want to copy, press ctrl C but when you move it, nothing happens when you press ctrl V
You "print" the original .PDF to .PDF and the resulting .pdf will be non-protected.

Reactions: Thomas B
You "print" the original .PDF to .PDF and the resulting .pdf will be non-protected.
Not possible either. No PDF file was produced.

Check the pic below when I tried to do this with the MA2 Manual v1.2. I got the same message when I tried to do the same with the v1.4 document.

Attachments

• MA2 Manual print to PDF Result.png
    MA2 Manual print to PDF Result.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 12
Check out the manual to see what "Home point 10" actually is.
Using the free PDF compare software jumbles everything up. Graphs, tables and pictures are not reproduced.

Words in the pictures or images are printed out as straight text.

You will have to refer back to the original manual to make sense of the comparison.

But sans kowning the password for the manual, the free PDF compare software will do.

Not possible either. No PDF file was produced.

Check the pic below when I tried to do this with the MA2 Manual v1.2. I got the same message when I tried to do the same with the v1.4 document.
Yes, DON'T USE ACROBAT DISTILLER (the "Adobe PDF" selection). That obviously knows the protection status and will refuse to work.

Rather, in Windows 10, use "Microsoft Save to PDF." This will produce a .PDF that is image based, so you now use a tool (I use Acrobat Pro) to do text recognition.

The resulting .PDF is unprotected and text searchable.

Just confirmed this method on this manual. It works. A bit arduous, but if you need a searchable, unrestricted PDF, this works.

Yes, DON'T USE ACROBAT DISTILLER (the "Adobe PDF" selection). That obviously knows the protection status and will refuse to work.

Rather, in Windows 10, use "Microsoft Save to PDF." This will produce a .PDF that is image based, so you now use a tool (I use Acrobat Pro) to do text recognition.

The resulting .PDF is unprotected and text searchable.

Just confirmed this method on this manual. It works. A bit arduous, but if you need a searchable, unrestricted PDF, this works.
Will the images, tables and pictures be reproduced accurately also?

Thanks for this process by the way. Looks like a good work around Thumbswayup ;)

Dated 2020-12-30. Download here. The latest release notes, dated 2020-12-28, are here.

Still no mention of the new Attitude Indicator in v1.4; they're still showing (and describing) the old Aircraft Orientation Indicator in the manual:

View attachment 120666

One gets the distinct impression that the technical writers at DJI responsible for product documentation aren't on speaking terms with the engineering staff.
I worked as a tech writer. I think the delay here maybe due to translation issues. DJI’s manuals are among the best in the drone area but probably start out in Chinese. There’s probably a drawn out approval process. Just my thoughts.

I worked as a tech writer. I think the delay here maybe due to translation issues. DJI’s manuals are among the best in the drone area but probably start out in Chinese. There’s probably a drawn out approval process. Just my thoughts.
Just for grins and giggles, I downloaded v1.4 of the Chinese version of the manual:

Capture2.JPG

And it also doesn't mention the new Attitude Indicator:

Capture.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest