Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote Controller Will Not Stop Constant Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My MA remote controller will NOT stop beeping. This is a new problem. I have ensured the firmware is the current for the MA and the Remote! This is something I always do prior to flying. The Remote will link to the MA and give every indication things are good to go! Yes, I know I live in a NFZ!!! I reside within the 5 mile base of Class C KCOS. That has never been an issue. I have never had the constant beeping before.
All Firmware versions have been checked against DJI web site, my are all current by their postings.
I have verified & reinstalled the current FW in both the MA and Controller using Assistant 2
I have tried the top Left plus top Right buttons on the Remote.
I have tried the re-calibrate the sticks.
I have tried different cables.
I have tried differing start up sequences. (My standard is APP > RC > MA) I get green connection light on the RC each time!
I have tried using the APP on the iPad
I have tried using the APP on the Android
All battery levels have been checked and rechecked
MA battery levels 3~4 lights
Remote battery indicator started at 4 finished at 3 after maybe 20~30 minutes
The constant beeping will NOT go away!!!
What have I NOT tried.

Reactions: Mrmund
I have a few questions for you:
  • When does the remote controller start beeping?
  • What does the beep pattern sound like?
  • Does it beep if you only turn on the remote controller (disconnected from everything)?
  • Do you recall changing anything since all last worked as expected?

I have a few questions for you:
  • When does the remote controller start beeping?
  • What does the beep pattern sound like?
  • Does it beep if you only turn on the remote controller (disconnected from everything)?
  • Do you recall changing anything since all last worked as expected?
* Beeping starts immediately
* rapid beeping
* begins immediately after turned on and continues
* No settings changed since last flight

Are you able to make the beeping stop by moving the sticks or pressing any of the remote controller buttons?

My MA remote controller will NOT stop beeping. This is a new problem. I have ensured the firmware is the current for the MA and the Remote! This is something I always do prior to flying. The Remote will link to the MA and give every indication things are good to go! Yes, I know I live in a NFZ!!!...
Even though it is beeping, does it fly? Perhaps your latest update enforced the NFZ, causing the problem. You might try rolling back to a previous version that worked. This would not be the first time a Mavic was bricked due to an update.

Beeping is triggered if the RC thinks the sticks aren't centered upon startup. Try re-calibrating the controller again. If it still doesn't go away, your controller might have a hardware defect.

It goes away only when I turn the power off
Beeping is triggered if the RC thinks the sticks aren't centered upon startup. Try re-calibrating the controller again. If it still doesn't go away, your controller might have a hardware defect.
the sticks have been recalibrated

It goes away only when I turn the power off

the sticks have been recalibrated

Likely you'll need to send the controller in for service to have the stick modules replaced then.

Online with DJI Live chat and he his telling me it is because I am in a NFZ. I have lived here for a long time and never had the constant beeping just from turning the RC on!

Online with DJI Live chat and he his telling me it is because I am in a NFZ. I have lived here for a long time and never had the constant beeping just from turning the RC on!

That Rep is an idiot. The controller by itself has no idea where you are located. There's no GPS, data connection etc.

Have you tried a different location or checked on a map to see if you’re in a NFZ?

That Rep is an idiot. The controller by itself has no idea where you are located. There's no GPS, data connection etc.
Rep may be, but if the drone is “unhappy” it sends a signal to notify you on the remote and this may include a beep from the controller. The controller also displays info from the drone about altitude, location, etc as a relayed signal from the drone.
Again, verify that you are not in a NFZ.

I know that, you know that, but the rep is adament that I try before moving to the next step

Are you still under warranty? If so, there is no reason to chat with a rep. You can create a RMA label on DJI's website and send your controller into them for repair/replacement.

If you aren't under warranty, I'd look into some of the 3rd party repair options because DJI will charge you $65 + cost of parts to do anything with the controller.

Rep may be, but if the drone is “unhappy” it sends a signal to notify you on the remote and this may include a beep.

OP said the beeping starts immediately upon powering on, so this seems to be happening absent any connection to the drone. Also, I've been in plenty of NFZs (I'm currently sitting in one right now) and the controller never emitted constant beeps like OP describes.

Reactions: Mrmund and Thomas B
My MA remote controller will NOT stop beeping. This is a new problem. I have ensured the firmware is the current for the MA and the Remote! This is something I always do prior to flying. The Remote will link to the MA and give every indication things are good to go! Yes, I know I live in a NFZ!!! I reside within the 5 mile base of Class C KCOS. That has never been an issue. I have never had the constant beeping before.
All Firmware versions have been checked against DJI web site, my are all current by their postings.
I have verified & reinstalled the current FW in both the MA and Controller using Assistant 2
I have tried the top Left plus top Right buttons on the Remote.
I have tried the re-calibrate the sticks.
I have tried different cables.
I have tried differing start up sequences. (My standard is APP > RC > MA) I get green connection light on the RC each time!
I have tried using the APP on the iPad
I have tried using the APP on the Android
All battery levels have been checked and rechecked
MA battery levels 3~4 lights
Remote battery indicator started at 4 finished at 3 after maybe 20~30 minutes
The constant beeping will NOT go away!!!
What have I NOT tried.

Put it in a soundproof box and let battery go flat !! ?

OK, friends and neighbors, the incessant beeping has finally stopped. I have fully re-calibrated the sticks no less than 15 times today. Each and every time the GO4 screen showed 100% on the movements. The very last time, again 100% movement, the beeping finally stopped. The rep was as worthless as teats on a bore hog! I could not move beyond part 1, 2, 3, etc with him until I described the screen for him. He still thinks it was the NFZ. It was the sticks the whole time. Now the question is why, even with a 100% acknowledgement each time, did it take excessive re-calibration completions. Internal hardware failure of the RC???? Unbelievable, over 4 hours on the computer with DJI tech support. Where do I get a new RC?

My thanks for those whose attempts to help me get through this.

OK, friends and neighbors, the incessant beeping has finally stopped. I have fully re-calibrated the sticks no less than 15 times today. Each and every time the GO4 screen showed 100% on the movements. The very last time, again 100% movement, the beeping finally stopped. The rep was as worthless as teats on a bore hog! I could not move beyond part 1, 2, 3, etc with him until I described the screen for him. He still thinks it was the NFZ. It was the sticks the whole time. Now the question is why, even with a 100% acknowledgement each time, did it take excessive re-calibration completions. Internal hardware failure of the RC???? Unbelievable, over 4 hours on the computer with DJI tech support. Where do I get a new RC?

My thanks for those whose attempts to help me get through this.

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I've actually had this randomly happen a few times in the year that I've owned the Mavic Air. I had the same exact experience as you, requiring 2 or 3 calibrations to get it to finally stop beeping. I had another issue with my controller where it was falsely yawing to the right during descents, and DJI replaced it under warranty with a brand new controller. However the new controller has given me that same issue a couple of times as well.

Had that problem with my Spark for the first time in two years the other day. I finally managed to make it go away by starting in Sports mode and then going back to P mode. Very strange!

Now the question is why, even with a 100% acknowledgement each time, did it take excessive re-calibration completions
Did you remember to move the wheel? The remote controller calibration cannot be completed by only moving the sticks.

Reactions: Shon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan