DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air video stutter 1080/60

Reactions
Hi all,

New here and with my Mavic Air. Ive had the air for a few weeks now but I’m coming up with an issue that on some videos of varying lengths say 2mins to 8 mins i might get occasionally after a few minutes of playback a stutter or a dropped frame rate as if it then skips forward a few seconds. Doesn’t always happen.

Here are the details:

- Firmware update done to fix gimbal turning issue and choppy video
- no filter
- All videos shot in 1080/60
- Saving to memory card SD Ultra 64Gb 48mbps********
- The stutter is on the RAW file BEFORE import
- happens when i even just doa 1:1 copy to my computer hard drive
- All video and camera settings set to auto
- Video caching is off as i know this causes issues with stuttering

My gut feeling is the car is too slow - what are your thoughts? Ive ordered a recommended San Disk 100mb V30.

Does the Mavic buffer video and that’s the issue on the card? Could a card causes stuttering randomly on some videos and not others?

Thanks all in advance.

Matt

Video isn't shot in RAW format. That's still photos. The video is either MOV or MP4.

When asking for help with video or photo problems it helps to post an example so we can see what you're seeing.

Video isn't shot in RAW format. That's still photos. The video is either MOV or MP4.

When asking for help with video or photo problems it helps to post an example so we can see what you're seeing.

Hi mate yes you are correct i mean RAW as in the raw video straight off the SD card.

I don’t have the file on me but imagine this - fluid filming then the video pauses for a split second and then starts again.

Hi all,

New here and with my Mavic Air. Ive had the air for a few weeks now but I’m coming up with an issue that on some videos of varying lengths say 2mins to 8 mins i might get occasionally after a few minutes of playback a stutter or a dropped frame rate as if it then skips forward a few seconds. Doesn’t always happen.

Here are the details:

- Firmware update done to fix gimbal turning issue and choppy video
- no filter
- All videos shot in 1080/60
- Saving to memory card SD Ultra 64Gb 48mbps********
- The stutter is on the RAW file BEFORE import
- happens when i even just doa 1:1 copy to my computer hard drive
- All video and camera settings set to auto
- Video caching is off as i know this causes issues with stuttering

My gut feeling is the car is too slow - what are your thoughts? Ive ordered a recommended San Disk 100mb V30.

Does the Mavic buffer video and that’s the issue on the card? Could a card causes stuttering randomly on some videos and not others?

Thanks all in advance.

Matt

I had a problem like that. It would jump from 19 secs to 21. secs and so forth. I downloaded the dji asst app and calibrated everything I could then what helped the most was I calibrated the gimbals. You know ... Place on flat surface...run all three. Nothing fancy. I have a refurbished pro and I really haven't had any problems except for that. I might add that I was flying at 68 ft one day over a tree, and misjudged the distance. My machine came tumbling down thru the branches. I had to jiggle around the little feet of the gimbal and get them in proper position. For awhile I had that jello effect too. But everything is perfect now. I think the calibrating of the gimbal was the deciding factor. Btw I use MP4, and playback usually on mac mini. Or MBPro. I prefer the old Quicktime7 to the regular QT. But I don't think it matters if you use mov or MP4. It should do fine on both. Like the man says " It ain't rocket science" I hope anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112