DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal - Jumping Erratically, Will Not Stabilize

MrMavic

Reactions
I was in the mountains yesterday and was going to do some flying, but the camera would not stabilize.
Symptoms:
Camera slams to the up down limits every 30 seconds or so.
On the screen of FPV I kept getting a warning that the gimbal lock was in place, Gimbal Obstructed, but it was not. I tried shutting the Mavic and controller off several times to no avail. This is the first problem I have encountered this way.
I have never crashed my Mavic or dropped it.
I have tried re-calibrating the gimbal, but it only goes to 5%, and would not calibrate.

Messages On App:
Gimbal Obstructed
Aircraft Motor Overloaded
Check whether Gimbal Clamp is removed

All firmware is the latest. (0400)
Any advice on this weird problem would be greatly appreciated.Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 8.27.31 AM.png

I would probably follow the link on his thread. I haven't personally had to have a repair yet but a quick Google search will yield you nothing but positive reviews for Thunder drones. I wouldn't have any fear... And for future reference .. Get some State Farm insurance. At least research the option...

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Thanks. I trust Thunder 100%. He has helped me before and I know he knows his stuff. As far as gear, then only thing I have added was the 16 Polar Pro Filter.
Question: Why do these cables just go bad for no reason at all? I have never abused my Mavic.

Why do these cables just go bad for no reason at all? I have never abused my Mavic.

It's a regular maintenance item plus you have to account for planned obsolescence. DJI knows its customer base, and they know that us tech junkies need that new shiny toy every 6 months - 1 year. They dont make all the Mavic parts last forever, sort of like tires on a car.

Thunder, what's the repair cost for this if you just had to replace the ribbon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka