DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said changed last minute. Besides. If you look back based on your comment and will see the RE was about the same equation. And go further back and look at the first set of goggles came out about the same time as the spark. But yeah the new kit comes with a camera and controller.

Price is solid at $499.00 for the combo! Got mine on the way!

Reactions: dirkclod
I would recommend this as a first drone. To quote DJI.

"The compact Mavic Mini is a perfect drone for beginners, offering exciting features for endless enjoyment. Mavic Mini is the lightest and most portable drone in the Mavic series lineup. Combined with the new DJI Fly app, Mavic Mini offers a simple and intuitive flying experience."

Reactions: Drone Master
I agree...likely good for a first drone for someone.

Positives:
3-axis gimbal
Remote included
Simplified (read: new) app - DJI Fly
Longer flight times than Spark (unless you have JP version)
Small form factor, foldable
4 km (2.4 mile) published range w/enhanced wifi
249g takeoff weight = no FAA registration (no accessories attached)
DJI Care available ($39 USD; 1st replacement $40, second one $49)

Negatives:
Will be easy to lose - this reduces max VLOS range due to size
(this can be mitigated with a stick-on strobe...but then it must be registered)
No collision avoidance/obstacle sensing
Props screw on

DJI is making it remarkably (too) easy for consumers...but then we’ve said that all along with most drones.

All this being said, folks entering the drone world for the first time with this bird still have to abide by FAA regulations when flying outdoors (like maintaining VLOS, flying over people, etc.)

Add to this that they can’t fly in controlled airspace UNLESS they register in order to participate in LAANC.

This bird WILL include the lovely (yes, I jest) FlySafe/GeoZone database.

As others have said, I’ll wait for Best Buy to have them then decide...hopefully by then others will have some time on this platform and provide real-world feedback.

Last edited:
Price is solid at $499.00 for the combo! Got mine on the way!

I’ve got the combo ordered too, how long can we expect delivery?

Looking forward to this tiny piece of equipment, the flight time especially.

thanks!
Paul

DJI certainly has their Apple like advertising on point, they can sell ice to Eskimos. Except THIS Eskimo is sitting this one out, though they certainly tempt you big time. That docking thing looks really cool.

Have my mind set on the Skydio 2, so unless DJI comes out with a drone on a par with Skydio 2, my DJI collection will be set with the DJI Mavic Pro (original version), DJI Mavic, and those big bulky white Goggles DJI makes. I know DJI has some decent obstacle avoidance and follow features, but what I've seen out of the Skydio 2 is insane.

Its pretty high. I was planning on getting 4 but prob not at that price unless the D1Store looks after me. They usually do.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure