DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini crashed without a reason

That’s suspicious for a bird strike. At 1:52 the aircraft rapidly rotates to the left and very quickly the camera is facing nearly straight downward. At several points the craft seems to try to stabilize but does not. In the last moment while the aircraft rests on the ground a birds is seen flying over head-may be coincidence? I have had birds fly VERY close the M2P- hawks and swifts in particular.

You should read the rest of the thread. There was no bird strike - it was a motor problem.

and? you receive the message like me "motor blocked"?
have you tried to push the mini when hover? Try to destabilise it, see what happen, a bird does not block a motor, even if will stop for a moment, will start imediately after that, so was not a bird in my case because the drone was in my eyes, try to read the full thread please

i know this video but the motors were not blocked
still not read the thread? Try to do this :) and will see what message i had and what was the behavior of drone, then give us an opinion

Honestly a hawk could have attacked one of the motors, those are strong enough to break a motor easily but who knows haha

Honestly a hawk could have attacked one of the motors, those are strong enough to break a motor easily but who knows haha

No - the data knows. Any collision with the aircraft would have been reflected in the accelerometer and gyro data prior to the anomalous motor data. That didn't happen. This kind of idle, easily disproved speculation is not helpful.

Hello, my MM has died today...why? I don't know, it was in the air at aprox 70 meters alt and one time the motors stopped and fall down rapidly
here is the log and here the video. I bought it last week, this is the second flight and died, i don't know what to do, plase all of you, take a look at this parameters and tell me what can i do. Thank you and excuse me my poor english
Is this you or someone else using your video?
(Deleted by moderator, not in English)

Reactions: WooZie
Hello everybody, today i saw on the opened case on the DJI support, the drone will be repaired without any charge fees, they did not tell what was the reason of crash, but they did some pictures with the damages and the message on the screen with an error of a sensor. I assume they will change or not, i don't know, but the status is repair 2-3 working days. So, sar104 and everyone who assured me that was a product error....indeed that was it. I will write here when i get the drone back. Thank you for all your advices

Hello everybody, today i saw on the opened case on the DJI support, the drone will be repaired without any charge fees, they did not tell what was the reason of crash, but they did some pictures with the damages and the message on the screen with an error of a sensor. I assume they will change or not, i don't know, but the status is repair 2-3 working days. So, sar104 and everyone who assured me that was a product error....indeed that was it. I will write here when i get the drone back. Thank you for all your advices
Good to hear! Awaiting your update on receipt of the new drone.

update:
i asked DJI what was the problem of the crash and their answer is :
Hi, thanks for the reply. That is based on the analysis of the Data Analysis Team who analyze the case. Please note that this issue won't happen again next time because the new unit was tested. Last time the unit malfunction that's why it was covered under warranty. It has Navigation System Error and Motor Propulsion Error with no Pilot Error found.
I wrote this for sar104 and many others who helped me to find out the reason, it seems sar104 had right :)

My package arrived today from Netherlands, there is the DJI service, i get a new drone, only the drone and a battery, mine was scratched in the accident, rest of pieces remained the same, the drone i tested only inside, i did all updates until now, the drone asked for a battery update when i put the new battery on it. All good i think, now i am waiting for tomorrow maybe i will fly it :)) I have heard two times when i powerd on the gimbal little noise, i do not mind if the movie will be smooth, i can't hear it at 120m altitude :)
So, wish me luck tomorrow, i will do all calibrations outside
Thank you all of you for everything and i hope to come here only with good things, not bad :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803