DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Fly Away

kdelventhal

Reactions
Second time i flew my Mavic Mini I brought it up a hundred feet then it just flew away and crashed. There was not that much wind.
Luckily I purchased Dji care plus and am already replacing the drone.

I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone might have. My log:

This looks very much like another recent issue with a Mavic Mini:

Similar position/velocity disagreements in this case:

Delta_V.png

There was a 30° or so yaw disagreement in the other event, which is not normally enough to cause quite such uncontrolled flight. Can you retrieve the DAT file from this flight (FLY006.DAT)?

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

View attachment 88991

There was a 30° or so yaw disagreement in the other event, which is not normally enough to cause quite such uncontrolled flight. Can you retrieve the DAT file from this flight (FLY006.DAT)?

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
Here is the DAT file. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-27_[11-15-29].txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
I already sent the drone in with the dji online repair and said it was user error so it might be to much of a hassle.

Well I guess see if sar104 can get anything from the DAT . . . at least you can confirm what he can glean form all the available data.
The DAT no one but DJI has access too might reveal other factors, who knows, they keep that to themselves for sure.

View attachment 88991

Is there a tutorial or some instruction on interpreting these files? I am not sure what I am looking at, but would like to learn how to evaluate flight data.

Is there a tutorial or some instruction on interpreting these files? I am not sure what I am looking at, but would like to learn how to evaluate flight data.

You could take a look at a recent post I put in the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance forum. The subject is unfortunately quite deep.

Flight log analysis guide

Reactions: Mac Man
You could take a look at a recent post I put in the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance forum. The subject is unfortunately quite deep.

Thank you, sar104! That gave me a better understanding of the data sources. So, the sites that we upload our data to are simply converting delimited files to a “spreadsheet” format. The graphs being posted are from your own personal calculations.
Thank you. Deep is good! I am that kind of guy.

sar104, thanks! That was very helpful. I have a much better understanding of the data available and the sources. If I understand correctly, The sites we upload data to simply convert a delimited file to a spreadsheet. The graphs that you have posted in the past are generated by you personally.

Thank you, sar104! That gave me a better understanding of the data sources. So, the sites that we upload our data to are simply converting delimited files to a “spreadsheet” format. The graphs being posted are from your own personal calculations.

Yes - the graphs I post are from Igor Pro. Others on the forum post graphs from CsvView too.

I am quite worried about all these uncontrolled flights with the Mavic Mini... I've had mine completely unlink and disappear the second day of flight with no warnings, and doing a quite easy pre-planned line of sight flight.

I am quite worried about all these uncontrolled flights with the Mavic Mini... I've had mine completely unlink and disappear the second day of flight with no warnings, and doing a quite easy pre-planned line of sight flight.
I assume you read the analysis in you thread explaining it... and the unremarkable AirData file you’re posted in your crash thread.

Yes, I take care of all your considerations. The airdata I posted clearly shows now reasons for loss of link and least for the drone not accomplishing an auto-RTH or remaining where it was.

My Mavic Mini is to be considered lost after 3 days search operation, with 3 persons team for the first day, looking from atop a skyscraper and accessing various buildings to inspect the roofs for possible signs, pre-selected from our 10x50 binoculars inspection.

I wasn't expecting at least 3 faults in a raw from a DJI product: failing to stay connected, failing to RTH and finally failing to stay put under GPS and attitude IMU control.

It's possible but at that point it was beyond any reasonable reach unfortunately. I was left so frustrated by this whole situation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast