DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - My 10 year old grandson flying it outside for the first time

Mike6158

Random Pixel Generator
Reactions
I let my grandson fly the Mavic Mini in the house, closely supervise of course. When the wind finally calmed down we went outside (in my yard) and flew it. He did pretty well. You can see where he was having directional troubles (difference between the drone facing toward or away) but that's to be expected. He also flies on instruments (using the screen) too much. I had to frequently remind him to watch the drone. No academy awards will be forthcoming for this one but it was fun.

the cattle were fascinated by it,

They were. We maintained enough distance to keep from startling them but they weren't quite sure what to think of it

Reactions: old man mavic
I let my grandson fly the Mavic Mini in the house, closely supervise of course. When the wind finally calmed down we went outside (in my yard) and flew it. He did pretty well. You can see where he was having directional troubles (difference between the drone facing toward or away) but that's to be expected. He also flies on instruments (using the screen) too much. I had to frequently remind him to watch the drone. No academy awards will be forthcoming for this one but it was fun.

Very cool that you are teaching him. The cows looked alittle nervous. Great video.

It was like watching one of my videos, but smoother.

Reactions: Mike6158

Great intro to drone flying for him. He did well. Looking to the future!

Reactions: Mike6158
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d