DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini stuck at 95% imu calibration step 1/5 using ipad mini 4

russellg

Reactions
My mavic mini would not advance past 95%, I tried multiple times (powered everything off and restarted whole process) then I read somewhere that someone else had a similar problem until he rotated his Mavic so I rotated my mini onto its side and it went to 96%. The ipad mini dji fly was not showing me to rotate my mini to get to the next step, I hope this is a problem that is only happening with the ipad mini 4.

Originally on the M2 the app would show you the wrong position in 2 of the steps. Maybe same here.

My mavic mini would not advance past 95%, I tried multiple times (powered everything off and restarted whole process)
It sounds like you're missing a step. This video shows all of the required steps:

Reactions: shaneb50
It's supposed to tell you to place it on its right side, left side, and then its rear side facing up. Sounds like an app bug.

I had the exact same problem. Been worrying for a long time. I solved it by following the following steps: 1. by removing the App from my Iphone 2. Iphone turned off. 3. I have unscrewed the propellors. 4. Then I turned on my Iphone again. 5. Downloaded and installed the App. 6. After that, the calibration went well in one go. 7. After the calibration I have mounted the propellors again and ready.

Reactions: mmoguls
Sorted this in a few seconds, basically lay the drone on its other side, the app will update to that side, then its rear, then upside down, the app seems to not prompt it until you do it.

Sorted this in a few seconds, basically lay the drone on its other side, the app will update to that side, then its rear, then upside down, the app seems to not prompt it until you do it.
Had to recalibrate IMU on my new replacement MM also. It would get to 4 of 5 steps and stay there then say "recalibrate" I just moved the drone (wiggle) in the step that was taking its sweet time and it worked. Maybe the dji app was cattiwumps or just being slow

my mavic mini drone calibration fail 15% , the issue is coming after the small crash of drone and replaced the flex ribbon of gimbal. How to complete the calibration of IMU.

my mavic mini drone calibration fail 15% , the issue is coming after the small crash of drone and replaced the flex ribbon of gimbal. How to complete the calibration of IMU.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!
You may have to get a DJI. Likely something is broken.

Had the same issue, tired everything as above, nothing worked, then i thought sod it i put the drone on its back and restarted the calibration ignoring the prompts and bingo it worked. dont asked me why, i just thought i would try it. once th eimu had calibrated i re calibrated to the prompts.

I've calibrated the IMU before and today it got stuck at 95%, like others said. I figured out that, like others suggested, I had to put the drone on both it's sides, on its "back," etc by reading the above and by following the images of how to place the drone that popped up on the DJI RC. I was working on another task, that's why I kept walking away, missing important info that DJI was trying to convey to me to complete the calibration.

My advice for Mini 2: The app is not super intuitive on IMU recalibration but the key is to follow the pictures of the drone on the screen and not the text. The instruction pictures in the app show what position the drone should be in and what position then to switch it to (left side, right side then upright). Just follow the pictures and it will work. Don’t just leave the drone sitting on the floor or it will get stuck at 95% waiting for you to move the drone.

Reactions: CieloImaging

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan