DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Owners - Ireland

Hello all. Wanted to see if I could get some advice. I'm coming to Ireland on the 14th and I'm staying in Quinn over the weekend and then in Limerick starting Sunday. I was about to register (actually already created my asset ID) and stopped since it seems like the Mavic doesn't need registration. Am I correct interpreting the rules?

Also when I look at UAV forecast it looks like I can fly near my hotel in Limerick, I'm staying at the Strand. Any advice you could give me would be most appreciated. This is my first trip to Ireland but my work is going to start bringing me their frequently and I want to be a good guest.

Thank you,
TXDrone (Francisco)

Hello all. Wanted to see if I could get some advice. I'm coming to Ireland on the 14th and I'm staying in Quinn over the weekend and then in Limerick starting Sunday. I was about to register (actually already created my asset ID) and stopped since it seems like the Mavic doesn't need registration. Am I correct interpreting the rules?

Also when I look at UAV forecast it looks like I can fly near my hotel in Limerick, I'm staying at the Strand. Any advice you could give me would be most appreciated. This is my first trip to Ireland but my work is going to start bringing me their frequently and I want to be a good guest.

Thank you,
TXDrone (Francisco)
Welcome to Ireland !! Your correct...there is no need to register your mavic drone in Ireland as it is less than 1kg in weight,for the official rules/guidelines see :

Drones

There is little in the way of enforcement of regulations if you fly out side any restricted airspace, see map of below:

Airspace for Drones Ireland | Flyryte Drone Training Academy

Safe flying

Correct that you do not need to register your MP. However, if you do not register you are limited to under 15m height - not much use really. I recommend registration so that your are only subject to the higher limits of 120m height and 300m line of sight distance. Enjoy your visit and do visit Bunratty Castle - it is very worth while.

Also, great that we don't have to register Mavic Pro with IAA authority as only drones above 1kg require registration.
All the best and happy flying.
Brian[/QUOTE]

If you do not register you cannot fly above 15m high - not very useful. Register to avail of the higher limits of 120m high and 300m line of sight distance.

Fly safe & fly legally

Also, great that we don't have to register Mavic Pro with IAA authority as only drones above 1kg require registration.
All the best and happy flying.
Brian

If you do not register you cannot fly above 15m high - not very useful. Register to avail of the higher limits of 120m high and 300m line of sight distance.

Fly safe & fly legally[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice. I'll go ahead and get registered. One question do you fill out form UF101? By registering do I qualify for that process? Otherwise where I'm staying is all no-fly areas according to flyryte.com.

Thanks!
TXDrone

One question do you fill out form UF101? By registering do I qualify for that process? Otherwise where I'm staying is all no-fly areas according to flyryte.com.
TXDrone

The only controlled spaces (other than Class 3, which seems to be everywhere, and you can safely ignore below 120m) are as follows:

Shannon Airport - 6Km (see https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-sou...unmanned-aircraft/u-04-issue-10.pdf?sfvrsn=38)
Limerick City

and of course other urban areas. Other than these you should be OK, certainly around Quin. I recommend you download the app UAVForecast - it is an excellent app for weather and for defined no-fly zones, both IAA and DJI (not necessarily the same). So, forget the UF101 unless you want to fly over Limerick City itself.

The only controlled spaces (other than Class 3, which seems to be everywhere, and you can safely ignore below 120m) are as follows:

Shannon Airport - 6Km (see https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-sou...unmanned-aircraft/u-04-issue-10.pdf?sfvrsn=38)
Limerick City

and of course other urban areas. Other than these you should be OK, certainly around Quin. I recommend you download the app UAVForecast - it is an excellent app for weather and for defined no-fly zones, both IAA and DJI (not necessarily the same). So, forget the UF101 unless you want to fly over Limerick City itself.

Thank you. I won't worry about Quinn but I will file for when I'm in Limerick since my hotel is in the middle of the city.

Thanks again for your advice.

Hi all,
is there any other Mavic Owner from Naas - Kildare area?

This is the video of the very first flight I had with the Mavic:

Kind Regards,
Grazia
I'm coming to Ireland next month. Staying in Dublin mostly but bringing my Mavic and have a car to get around. Planning to spend a few days out near Galway at least and Cliffs of Moher of course. Is that near you?

Im going to keep watching this post. I love Ireland. Have a friend in Cork City (Cork) and another in NewMarket on Fergus (Clare). Would love to see drone footage from either of those areas. Do any of you have Youtube channels I can subscribe to?
Hi Desert Flyer

I'm based in Carrigaline, have a channel up check it out here, please sub if you can, thanks :)

DroneMedia Pro

Hey guys, anyone in Cork, Munster or Ireland doing meet ups? Let me know please would be cool to organise something.

Hi folks,

Picked up a Mavic Fly More Combo just before Christmas. Incredible piece of kit! Up till now I had only been flying a tiny Hubsan quad copter but it was a good and cheap way to learn how to fly.

I'm based in Kilcullen just outside of Naas, Co. Kildare - any other Mavic pilots in the area?

Cheers,
Sean

Hi folks,

Picked up a Mavic Fly More Combo just before Christmas. Incredible piece of kit! Up till now I had only been flying a tiny Hubsan quad copter but it was a good and cheap way to learn how to fly.

I'm based in Kilcullen just outside of Naas, Co. Kildare - any other Mavic pilots in the area?

Cheers,
Sean

Hi Sean,

I'm in Rathdrum in Co Wicklow, Wicklow Gap is between us and a great place to film :)

Took this on way home few months ago -

Stephen

Reactions: Hatcho
Hi, I'm new owner of mavic. Anyone from Kildare? I'm located in Celbridge. So far I was flying racing drones, but mavic it is really nice. Are you guys flying together?

karcio

Reactions: Hatcho
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803