DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 cost

mikea59

Reactions
I found a the Pro 2 on Walmart for $1399 and I pulled the trigger. I saw nothing about "refurb" on the web page or the order details. When I receive the package, will there be something that would identify it as a "refurb" - is there anyway to tell if it is new or a refurb?

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function is an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

I found a the Pro 2 on Walmart for $1399 and I pulled the trigger. I saw nothing about "refurb" on the web page or the order details. When I receive the package, will there be something that would identify it as a "refurb" - is there anyway to tell if it is new or a refurb?
Congratulations on your new drone. I think they would of had to of advertised it as a refurbished unit but there definitely would be a refurbished tag on the box.

Congratulations on your new drone. I think they would of had to of advertised it as a refurbished unit but there definitely would be a refurbished tag on the box.
Definitely a tag in the box why?

The clue is the serial number. Fifth from last digit will be S or R. Someone posted recently a serial number decoder, may have been @Thomas B .

Definitely a tag in the box why?

The clue is the serial number. Fifth from last digit will be S or R. Someone posted recently a serial number decoder, may have been @Thomas B .
I said a tag ON the box.

ALL REFURBISHED PRODUCTS MUST BE LABELED AND ADVERTISED AS SUCH. It is FEDERAL LAW.

Selling Refurbished as New is a Type of Fraud

Federal truth-in-advertising law, administered by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, requires that refurbished and reconditioned items are properly labeled. This means that a seller cannot describe a returned or refurbished item as "new." Where a seller advertises a smartphone as new, for example, and in fact, it has been used and refurbished, he could face criminal fraud charges, fines and jail time.

Reactions: drw52jc
I said a tag ON the box.

ALL REFURBISHED PRODUCTS MUST BE LABELED AND ADVERTISED AS SUCH. It is FEDERAL LAW.

Selling Refurbished as New is a Type of Fraud

Federal truth-in-advertising law, administered by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, requires that refurbished and reconditioned items are properly labeled. This means that a seller cannot describe a returned or refurbished item as "new." Where a seller advertises a smartphone as new, for example, and in fact, it has been used and refurbished, he could face criminal fraud charges, fines and jail time.
I meant to type “ON”.... Typo on my part. My point was you would have been correct to say there “should be” rather than “would be” a tag ON the box. Unfortunately we can’t rely on all sellers being honest. I suggested the serial number check for some additional comfort- it would be a lot more effort to affix an altered serial number than to leave out a tag.

Reactions: Gindra and xspwhite
I meant to type “ON”.... Typo on my part. My point was you would have been correct to say there “should be” rather than “would be” a tag ON the box. Unfortunately we can’t rely on all sellers being honest. I suggested the serial number check for some additional comfort- it would be a lot more effort to affix an altered serial number than to leave out a tag.

Checking the serial number would be his best option I guess. I was just trying to make it simple for him. My bad.

Checking the serial number would be his best option I guess. I was just trying to make it simple for him. My bad.
Actually I would say your quoting the relevant legislative provisions could come in very handy- particularly in circumstances where a buyer might be having difficulty returning an item that was described as new.

Reactions: Gindra
If it comes with the same warranty it is refurbished eligible I’m not sure why you would not be OK with that.
Quite often refurbished units are better tested than new. In some cases a human actually tried it out and looked it over.
The price you paid is more in line with refurbished units.

Don't believe the serial number thing, mine crashed through firmware issue, not pilot error. They sent me back a replacement , had scratches on it , faulty gimbal.the serial number had no s or r in the said places. And I'm sure the serial number decoder is bogus, type anything in and it still gives you a manufacturer date. Not happy
How did firmware crash your drone? Something we should be paying attention to?

I had all updates, full satellites 17, then it lost GPS, no satellites , the camera glitched, went weird, then dropped. Like it shut down. Lucky find my drone worked, but it still took awhile to find, circling round until I found its final resting place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC